fanfic_name = What If

chapter = Chapter VII

author = Knights Templar

Rating = AP15

Type = Adventure

fanfic = What If


A/N: Well Chap 7 is here, I hope you enjoy it, as you have noticed the chapters are getting longer and longer. I have seen a few ideas in other fanfics that I like a lot. I was going to write some of these into my story, an if you the original creator of the idea doesn't want me to use your idea, let me know an I will fix it, I mean I am going to change the ideas, but they will be something like what I read them as.

Lisa looked out of the shuttle and saw the BP's coming in for a strafing run and saw Vermillion try their best to hold off the BP's. Thought it was a heroic gesture, it was a futile one; the BP's swarmed the shuttles and started to take shots at them. The first run the BP's made they struck the cockpit of the shuttle that Lisa was on.

The hits shook the shuttle and threw everyone against their harnesses. Lisa looked out the shuttle again and saw that Rick was trying his hardest to keep the BP's away from the shuttles. Another blast rocked the shuttle and Lisa felt a sudden fear rising in her. She saw that the other shuttles where moving, but they weren't.

Jacob saw this too and un-did his harness and made his way to the cockpit and opened the door to utter chaos. The pilot was dead and the co- pilot was seriously wounded. Jacob wasted no time in un-strapping the dead pilot and got to the controls and fired up the engines.

Jacob felt the ship rumble and gave a look at his instruments and saw that he was losing fuel. He sealed off the engine and re routed power to the remaining working engine and felt the ship start to move forward, slowly but forward.

He gave a quick look out the cockpit and saw that the BP's where still swarming his position and that if he didn't start to move a little faster there wouldn't be enough of them to fill a body bag.

Jacob gave the throttle a push forward and put the shuttle into afterburners and started to move the shuttle as best he could. Jacob ceased to think of it as a shuttle but as a high performance jet fighter. Jacob smiled, the only problem with that is if he treated it like that he might just rip the shuttle to shreds.

'Oh well, if I don't do something were all dead anyway,' Jacob banked the shuttle hard right and pulled the shuttle up giving it whatever juice it had left. Jacob looked out the cockpit and saw that a good number of the shots were missing the shuttle but a good number where still hitting the shuttle.

Another blast rocked the shuttle and Jacob wondered how much more of this the shuttle could take, and out of the corner of his eye he saw the other three shuttles landing on the SDF-1 although they were badly damaged, they had made it.

It was then Jacob heard a voice and saw that a woman was yelling at him from a monitor, "God damn it, Owens, what the hell is going on?" Jacob looked at the women, she had red hair and blue eyes and looked young to be a bridge officer, 'Necessity brings out the best in people,' Jacob smiled, 'it also brings out the worst in people.'

The rickety shuttle was getting closer to the SDF-1 and the BP's started to clear up and Jacob could see a clear runway, so Jacob picked up headset off the dead pilot, Jacob quickly crossed himself, 'God rest his soul,' and found a rather irate voice over the tac net.

"What the hell is going on Owens? What's your condition?" Jacob didn't have time to think. "Owens condition isn't good, I don't think you'll be hearing from him anytime soon. But tell them to clear the runway fast I don't want anyone getting hurt." Jacob tossed the headset away and started to line up when another blast rocked the shuttle.

Jacob recovered and gave the stick a jerk, but the shuttle didn't respond and Jacob looked at the status and say that the little lights next the rudders was flashing red, 'Well yippidy do da fucking day, this is beautiful, at least the old bitch is still lined up, maybe I can save us yet.'

Just then a loud squawk blared from the intercom, "Warning," a synthesized voice said, "engine over heating, engine quickly reaching critical temperature." Jacob swore under his breath, Jacob got closer and saw the runway of the Daedalus get larger in his view and suddenly Jacob cut the engine and felt the shuttle hit the runway, and Jacob threw the stick and managed to turn the shuttle around.

"One-one thousand, two-two thousand," Jacob counted to himself, he got to five and threw the throttle all the way forward and suddenly the temperature needles spiked and Jacob could feel the shuttle start to slow down and come to a stop. Jacob gave a sigh of relief.

His sigh of relief was cut short when he heard the bridge officer telling at him to "move that junk," Jacob rolled his eyes, "Well, sweet heart, if I could don't you think I would? So instead of yelling, why don't you get someone out here to move, an get some medical teams out here, we have some wounded." Jacob cut the link, he didn't need any lip from some bridge officer, he was out in the field, he was right.

Jacob saw some crews move forward and start to move the shuttle to the airlock and once they were moved safely inside the SDF-1 airlock Jacob hit the button and the door popped off and the fun little yellow emergency slide popped out and inflated. As he made his way for the exit he saw that the occupants of the shuttle where starting to recover from his wild escapades to save them.

He gave them all his most dashing smile and made his way to the emergency slide, 'I've always wanted to do this,' Jacob thought as he jumped out onto the slide. He landed on his ass and got up to see the rest of the people getting out of the shuttle. Jacob didn't notice as he watched the end of the battle between the VT's and the Zentraedi.

A smile crosses Jacob's face; 'I can't wait to get out there,' Jacob feels a hand on his back and looks to see Lisa. Lisa had a tough look on her face, but Jacob knew that she was still scared, Jacob was about to shrug it off, but he noticed something else, a glint on her eye, "Don't worry, I'm sure Rick's fine," Jacob told her reassuringly.

Lisa looked at Jacob and smiled, "Thanks, I know. But I just always get this way when he goes out there, I feel like it'll be his last time." Jacob nodded his head in agreement; he understood what she was saying. The battle didn't last too much longer and the VT's started to come in.

Jacob watched Lisa as she intently looked for Rick's VT. A slight smile came over his face, 'She is in love with this man so much that she will do anything for him.' Jacob admired Lisa for her strength and heard her give out a joyous laugh as Rick's VT came roaring in.

As Rick's VT pulled up to the loading ramp he jumped out and a crew tech jumped into the VT to park it and service it. Lisa ran to Rick and he caught her in his arms and spun her around with a joyous look on his face. 'Well I don't need to give him the brother talk, he loves her too.' Jacob walked up to the couple, "Sorry to interrupt, but the newbie's and I got to get assigned to our quarters."

Lisa smile faded and she looked at Jacob, "That's right," Lisa adopted a sudden stern look, Jacob had never seen this so he didn't test her, Rick's face fell. "Lt. Evers, since you are the highest ranking of all people recruited, and has the most experience; I think you should come with me to meet Captain Gloval." Lisa tossed a evil smile at Rick, "Lt. Hunter, take the Cadets and get them to their quarters and get them ready for basic training in the VT's." Rick looked at her to see if she was kidding, he saw that she indeed was serious and he let out a groan.

Jacob laughed and followed his sister, when they got far enough away he smiled and asked her, "You love him a lot, an don't try to deny it, it's easily obvious." Lisa couldn't deny it, so she smiled and gave him that look of a woman in love. Jacob smiled and laughed, "Hey I've seen that look before." Lisa smiled again.

They were at Captain Gloval's office, Lisa knocked on the door and heard him give a gruff "Come in," Lisa opened the door and strode in with Jacob in tow and they bother offered perfect salutes like the professionals they were, "Commander Lisa Hayes, reporting in with Lieutenant Jacob Evers," Lisa said in a clear crisp tone.

Gloval smiled, "Well Jacob, it's about time we finally got to meet. Please both of you sit down." Lisa heard Gloval address Jacob by his first name even though she knew of no prior meetings between Henry and Jacob. "So," Henry began looking at Jacob, "how is that father of yours?"

Lisa felt herself go cold, 'Does Captain Gloval know about my father...' Lisa couldn't bear the thought, but she didn't show it. She just looked at Jacob out the corner of her eye; Jacob gave a laugh, "Which one are we talking about here?" Lisa shuddered, 'Oh no.'

Henry smiled, he had noticed Lisa shudder, "Commander Hayes, Lisa, do you think I didn't know?" Lisa's head shot up, "You knew Captain?" Henry laughed again, "Of course I knew, I was there when your father went after this little one's mother. I was the one who got him drunk, why'll I didn't have anything to do with his mother, I did help hide it from your mother..." Henry stopped.

Lisa's face showed no emotion, she pushed the image of her mother out of her head and thought only of her image, 'I can't cry, I can't look weak,' Gloval say the look on Lisa's face and realized what he had just said, "Look Lisa, you can't let something that happened twenty years ago hang you up now."

Suddenly Lisa felt an all consuming rage sweep over her, she looked at Jacob and saw that he encompassed all the pain that her father had ever put her through, an then to top it off, she walked up to and slapped him as hard as she could. His head barely moved, thought a red mark was appearing, his head hadn't moved. She made a move to slap him again, but he was much faster then Lisa and was up and caught her hand in its back swing.

"Lisa!" Jacob screamed, "What's wrong with you?" Lisa looked at Jacob and saw not angry eyes, but a concerned look, a brotherly look. The sudden realization of what Lisa had just done swept over her and she saw that he had a red hand mark on his face. "Oh my god, Jacob I'm so sorry, I don't know what came over me." Jacob smiled and didn't say a word.

Henry looked at the two and saw that he had better say something, "Well, Lisa, how do the cadets you brought up look?" Lisa looked at Henry and gave him an approving nod, "Their all very fine pilots, it shouldn't take them long to get used to handling a VT, they all have had some sort of prior combat experience. I have brought Lt. Evers with me because he is the most experienced pilot of all the cadets."

Henry nodded his affirmation, "So did any of the training simulations I sent you help? I know I managed to leave some behind at the academy," Jacob smiled and Lisa felt yet another secret she hadn't been informed of coming on.

"Captain, do you mean to tell me that you left Veritech Simulators there at the Academy?" Henry laughed, "My dear Lisa, I even left two Valkyries there for training purposes. I wasn't about to let the stupid morons at the Academy teach them to fly older craft." Henry smiled when he saw the look on Lisa's face.

"But...but, wouldn't that had been violating direct orders to not let any un-authorized group possess a VT?" Lisa was shocked, Captain Gloval the man she looked at as her surrogated father wasn't so by-the-book as she had thought.

"Well, sure if you want to think of it was breaking orders, but I look at it merely as...protecting our future. Besides, you won't tell on me?" Henry gave Lisa a playful smirk and saw a smile tugging at her lips, "Atta girl Lisa now be happy, you finally have Lt. Hunter." Lisa just smiled and walked out.

Jacob watched Lisa walk out and sat down and looked at Henry, "So how has she been?" Henry looked at Jacob and knew to what he was referring. "She is doing great; she is an excellent Bridge Officer, and I am glad to see that Hunter finally came around. I can see a marked improvement in her behavior and she tends to day dream less."

A smile crossed Jacob's face, but then he noticed that Gloval was looking a downtrodden he got up and walked towards a mini-bar in his office and poured him self a drink and offered Jacob some, "Vodka, lieutenant?" Jacob smiled and took the drink and downed it. Jacob gave a shutter and let his body get used to the taste and feeling.

"Never seen an American take a shot of the Gloval Vodka and not wince," Gloval smiled and poured him another shot, his smile again gone replaced with a concerned look, "So Jacob I guess you know about him right?" Jacob raised an eyebrow, along with being a pilot, a player and a Hayes; he was a superb hacker, one of his many traits picked up during his life.

"Well, I know he escaped from the mental institute, but the chances of him getting up here to the SDF-1," Jacob made a wide gesture with his arm signifying the SDF-1, "that seems impractical. Besides, if he comes here I'll kill him." Henry raised an eyebrow giving Jacob a somewhat funny look if it hadn't been for the serious look on his face.

"Well, he ran from Sara Base and then came back to Earth only to be unable to find Lisa, so he went crazy thinking she had left him. So I don't think we should count anything as out of the question for this man. Remember who he is, although it may not seem like it, he has a goodly following of people who think just like he does."

Jacob nodded his head in agreement. This was the same man who had ambushed the Redoubtable in the Southern Pacific after the SDF-1 had vanished. It had been Jacob who had captured him and took him away. But the psycho had gotten off easy with a insanity defense.

But it wasn't just that this man had been involved with Lisa before, it was that fact that he also knew the Jacob was related to Lisa. Thought Rick, and Henry, Fraser, and Lisa knew, it was a secret he liked to keep to himself. Jacob had many enemies and he knew that if any of them knew about Lisa that they would target her to get to him, 'An they'd get away with it too,' Jacob said to himself.

Jacob sat thinking about "him" and the more he thought about it the more he realized that he would make an attempt to get to Lisa; he would try to get up to the SDF-1. Henry picked up on the look and picked up the phone in his office, "Sergeant Kolsen, I want you to assign two of your best men to watch Commander Hayes at all times. An I don't mean in some perverse way, but I want you to watch her daily movements and watch her barracks. Is that understood?" Henry put the phone down and gave Jacob a nod.

"Thank you Captain, you didn't have to do that, but I know why you did. But don't worry; I am here now so I can help watch her. You got to remember I'm her brother." Gloval gave Jacob a nod and poured him another drink, "So lieutenant, tell me about you days before you got here. I hear that you have quite a distinguished career, but I have come to expect that from a Hayes, or even half a one." Jacob laughed at the joke, "Well it started when I was seventeen," Jacob then spent the next two hours talking to Gloval about each other's War Stories of the past.

Rick sat in the VT trainer and realized that he was struggling as hard as he could, 'Jesus, these kids are good,' Rick thought begrudgingly, 'glad to see their on our side.' The bogey on Rick's six had been there hammering at him for the last three minutes and Rick was getting tired of it and pulled the G level and thought the VT through it's transition.

But the Cadet that had been on his tail seemed to have seen this move coming and he had himself transformed into a Battloid, 'Oh crap!' Rick wasn't surprised; Lisa had come and told him that the Cadets knew a lot about VT's but Rick knew he could manage to teach them a thing or two.

But Rick couldn't seem to get he drop on any of them and found himself having to resort to Zentraedi methods of attack and every time he killed one of them he'd tell them that it was a Zentraedi method an they should know how to be able to get out of the situation.

But Rick was into hour number two and found himself increasingly becoming the one killed over and over again. Rick finally got fed up and got out of the simulator and told the next pilot that it was his turn an that he should, 'Have fun being the Cadets play thing,' the pilot laughed but his first time in the simulator he was toast.

Rick looked at his watch; he had an hour and half before he had to go meet Lisa at her place for dinner, so he decided he was going to go for a walk around Macross, maybe see someone he knew.

Rick walked down Macross Boulevard and saw all the people walking around, completely oblivious to the true dangers that they faced everyday. But Rick couldn't fairly say that they weren't veterans of combat, they too had been through a lot.

Rick looked down the street and saw Jacob making his way through the crowds just walking around. Rick noticed Jacob before Jacob saw him because Jacob was one of those freakishly tall people.

"Jacob, hey Jacob!" Rick yelled making his way to Jacob. Rick walked up to Jacob and saw Jacob was a bit red faced and had a some what bleary look in his eyes. Rick saw it as the early signs of being drunk, but Jacob didn't seem like it.

"I got a bone to pick with you, those damn pilots you sent me, they are too damn good!" Jacob gave Rick a laugh and Rick smiled. "Yeah well they learn from the best, so that doesn't surprise me." But Jacob's face soon turned down and Rick saw a worried glint in his eye.

"Hey Jacob, what's the matter? Is something wrong?" Though Rick had only known Jacob for a day or so, he liked Jacob, he was open and caring, and he loved Lisa even thought they had just met; that's what mattered the most to Rick is that Jacob cared for Lisa.

"Yeah, but I don't think it'd be wise to discuss it here. It's more of a serious matter that concerns Lisa." Rick's eyes widened and he looked around and made sure no one was listening. "Well we can go back to my place. We can talk there." Jacob looked behind him and nodded his head, but then he heard a loud "Riiiccckkk!" and turned in time to see a small Asian woman running at Rick.

"Oh Rick, I am so glad to see you, I know you didn't mean all those things you said in the restaurant. I'm still the only one for you right?" Jacob's look went from surprise to anger as he looked at Rick with a death look, "Hunter! Who in the fuck is this bitch?" Jacob roared stopping people where they walked.

Rick was still getting over his shock of Minmei, but was equally as surprised at Jacob's angry outburst. "Jacob...it's not what you think." Rick's face was frantic, people where starting to gather to watch. Jacob realized that it wouldn't do him any good to jump all over Rick, so he sighed and nodded his head.

Rick saw Jacob nod his head and looked at the crowd, 'Great a crowd, but then again, it could make Minmei leave me alone.' Rick's face hardened as he remembered what Minmei had said about Lisa at the restaurant, "Minmei, let go of me now!" Minmei winced as she heard the harshness in his voice. But she didn't let go.

"Minmei, you have to let go of me now, your making a scene." Minmei's eye's watered and she buried her face into Rick's chest, "But Rick...what about us? Whatever happened to us?" Minmei whined and she let the tears flow.

Rick looked at her and watched her cry onto his chest, he sighed and looked at the crowd around him and saw a wide eyed Lisa and suddenly he knew there'd be no compromise, "MINMEI, I SAID LET THE FUCK GO OF ME NOW!!!!! What part of that is confusing to you? What part of no 'I don't want to be with you,' doesn't sink into that head of yours." Rick's words hung in the air for all to take in.

Minmei looked at Rick utterly devastated, here was the man that only a short time before had been obsessive over her, who would have done anything for her. "Oh Rick, how could you be so mean?" Minmei wailed and looked around at the crowd and saw the woman that had taken Rick away from her. She looked at the woman and grew enraged, she was going to teach this bitch a lesson.

(A/N: Ok, here is the part that I wish that had put in Robotech; this would have made my day so many times.)

Minmei walked up to Lisa and slapped her across her face. Lisa recoiled and looked at this impudent little bitch who had just slapped her. "You bitch! You took Rick away from me and now I am going to make you pay!" Minmei snarled. Minmei lunged at Lisa, but Lisa was faster than Minmei and had dodged the lunge and had ended up next to Rick and handed him her bags, "Here dear, could you hold these for me?" Lisa said placing a large emphasis on "dear" and saw Rick blush and saw Minmei become even more furious.

"You think your so superior, in that uniform of yours telling people what to do. Sending men and women off to die while you sit in a nice posh bridge watching as people braver than you die." Minmei yelled trying to goad Lisa more, but Lisa kept her cool demeanor.

This drove Minmei off the edge and she made a run at Lisa, but before she saw it Lisa had pulled back with her right and punched Minmei square in the face, shattering her nose (YES IT HAPPENED, OMG AN NO ONE THOUGTH THEY'D EVER READ IT!!!) . Minmei stumbled back from Lisa blood gushing from her nose. But Minmei only saw red as she saw Lisa turn her back on her, "Now your really going to get it you uppity military BITCH!" Minmei shrieked.

Minmei made a run for Lisa's back, an before Rick could say anything Lisa turned and punched Minmei in the stomach and for good measure landed a left hook to her face. Minmei fell to the ground beaten.

"Oh an Ms. Minmei, I am not the one who thinks they are superior. You think that just because you are Ms. Macross that you are entitled to any and everything you want, but your not. Everything else in this whole ship is yours, but this man, he is mine." Lisa said with a note of coldness. Lisa turned her back to Minmei and grabbed Rick's hand and a bag and dragged him with her leaving a broken Minmei, a shocked crowd and equally shocked Jacob.

Jacob laughed, he couldn't help it, he just started to laugh and saw many of the looks that the civvies were giving him. "You know what; I am tired of the military people getting away with everything. They do what they want when they want. I think we should teach this one a lesson for the other beating Minmei." Jacob heard some of the crowd mumbling.

Rick and Lisa didn't get far when they heard someone yell, "Get 'em!" and they turned to see the small crowd turn on Jacob, Lisa gave a gasp and Rick made a move to help Jacob and saw one of the civvies fly through the air. By now the fight was getting more involved as more soldiers had come to the scene to help their comrades and more disgruntled civvies moved in to beat the soldiers.

The fight though large didn't last long as the soldiers trained for such things handled the crowd of unhappy citizens. As Rick, Lisa, and Jacob walked back the barracks Rick was sporting a shiner on his left eye and a cut on the side of his head. Jacob had fared the worst as he had a busted lip, a cut above his eye and two black eyes.

"You know what? I have been on this tuna can for less then eight hours an already I have been in a major brawl, had drinks with the Captain, and saw a military woman beat a bitchy anti-war movie star bitch's ass! So overall it's been a good day."

A/N: Well I hope you like this chapter. I had to take the opportunity to rip on Minmei. I know a lot of you are gonna love Lisa beating Minmei's ass. An don't worry you'll find out who "Him" is soon if you haven't already and yes there will be some fighting action, sorry for the drought but I like to focus on the couples. SO R&R as always. Oh an I might now post anything new till the 19th of June, I am going to the Citadel in Charleston (ROTC) so if I don't update, well then I will have to make up for it with huge great chapters.

- Hide quoted text -

State = Continuará/To Be Continue

feedback = Sí/Yes