Fanfic Name / Nombre del Fanfic: one song for two hearts

Chapter / Capitulo: chapter 19 - FINAL

Author / Autor: clo

Rating / Clasificacion: AP15 (For Teenagers = Para Adolescentes)

Romance

Fanfic: Final Chapter – For Once in my Life (Michael Buble) / Ain’t no Mountain High Enough (The Supremes) 
 
LISA 
 
The sun is entering through the window to a small house in the military neighborhood, in the bed there is a man laying face down snoring, while the woman next to him arises to seat putting her back against the pillows, she covers her nudity by holding a pillow and sights. As in other occasions her head starts a pretty familiar ritual.  
 
“Well Lisa, you once again wake up next to him, I don’t understand why we can take the hands off each other, where is our will” – turns to see him, admiring his wide back, manly profile framed by his dark hair – “there’s your answer, just seeing makes to throw your will by the window”.  
 
Sights again and rises her sight to avoid continue watching him sleep and fall into the temptation of waking him up to loose her self in his beautiful blue eyes, she stares the wall in front of them and she cannot avoid to think about how things have changed in the past months.  
 
The huge poster that used to torture her every morning was missing, she didn’t have to say a word, when she returned for the first time to that room after the “incident” there wasn’t there anymore. Now on that wall that used to be the main altar to Minmei’s cult is a beautiful photograph of a wheat field.  
 
She gave it to him on their first month anniversary, before they move in together the following week. It took time and money to get it but it was worthy, for a strange reason she picture him growing up in a place like that – “In a similar field his father and Roy thought him how to fly” – she wasn’t wrong… Rick loved that picture, carrying it with him as it were his toothbrush, when he return to his place to comply with the formalities set by his sister in low Claudia, he put it to his original place.  
 
“I have to go before he wakes up… I was the one to talk into Claudia’s crazy ideas, no big deal, it will only be a week love, we can be apart for one lousy week, yeah right, as always it only took a kiss and I’m all his. But what can I do, being with him is additive” – she stands up trying to make no noise, even she knows that when he sleeps not even a intergalactic battle can wake him up – “I adore not having to make excuses to justify this, us being together… is not because we are lonely or because I have half bottle of red wine on me, is because we cannot be apart”.  
 
Over the night table beside her is the top of a pajama, decides to wear it because the morning is quite cold despite it is summer. Since day one they divided the pajamas, bottom for him, tops for her. The room is so small that it takes her no time to get to a piece of furniture by the bathroom’s door, opens a drawer and takes all she needs to get out there as good as new, or at least something very similar. 
 
“I’m so happy to have clothes here, I don’t have to be looking for my underwear under the furniture o worst use his… even they turn to be a pretty comfortable pajama and an excellent souvenir” – smiles while remembers her blanket.  
 
In silence enters the bathroom and decides not to take a shower – “the sound of water falling is the only thing that wakes him up… well only to pee” – washes her face and teeth, dresses as fast as she can and fixes her hair in a ponytail, in the last minute decides to leave something for him in the bathroom. When enters to the room again, he continues sleeping, he is still holding the pillow she puts under his arm, stops for a few seconds on the door on her way out the house and sees him with look full of love – “I love you Hunter even you snore as a bear”.  
 
In the living room she puts her sneakers on and takes her jacket, when get outside realizes that the sun is shining even it is so early – “the perfect crime… no one saw me leave”.  
 
– Capitan Hayes – Gral. Mainstroff help is in front of her wearing a jugging outfit  
 
– Hello Diana – “this woman is hunting me down” 
 
– So early visiting Commandant Hunter  
 
– No, actually I’m leaving, I spent the night with him  
 
– I…  
 
She doesn’t want to continue talking, she doesn’t have to hide or event silly excuses about urgent reports, in fact when Rick returned to his house, Diana started to distilled her poison out, she once heard her comment with the trio – “I tell you… he is back to his place, I suppose they couldn’t stand each other” – the trio’s answer was so simple but yet cool – “the weeding is on, oh you didn’t know it, they are getting married, but is a high level weeding, we can only guess that not everyone was invited” – she didn’t endorse that kind of behavior but they left Marcusson as a fool.  
 
Lisa takes the street to get to her house, leaving the young woman speechless, takes her good and inseparable friend that has put music to her life in the past months, puts the earphones on and reminds that occasion when she wished to send Diana to look for Khyron and smiles –“now Diana, let all the base know that I left his place early in the morning after expending the whole night doing God knows what, I don’t care what the people thinks, I hope they envy how happy we are, if it were for me I scream it at the top of lungs… wait a minute, why not…” 
 
Lisa retoma su camino rumbo a casa dejando a la joven sin palabras, saca su inseparable y buen amigo que ha musicalizado los últimos meses de su vida, se pone los audífonos y recuerda aquella ocasión cuando deseo enviarla a buscar a Khyron con una lima de uñas y ríe – “ahora si Diana, informa a toda la base que salí de madrugada de su casa después de pasar toda la noche haciendo dios sabe que, ya no me importa lo que la gente piense, espero que se mueran de envidia de lo felices que somos, si por mi fuera lo grita… por que no”  
 
– I LOVE RICK HUNTER AND I EXPENDED THE NIGHT IN HIS ARMS – yells as loud as she can, she is standing the intersection where both streets, hers and Rick’s, meet with the main Avenue coming from the Base, that where Khyron’s last attack surprised her.  
 
Feels a look over her and turns to see that Lieutenant Oka is watching her with a wide smile in his face, he met with both Lisa and Rick in that intersection in several other occasions while waiting for the change of the light, always the same scene with different actor, yelling at the radio while shutting it off with a unfriendly look, but in that time Lisa Hayes was screaming how happy she was, arms wide open and lifted towards the sky.  
 
– Good morning Captain, beautiful morning, isn’t it?  
 
– Yeah Hazao, and promises a better day, don’t you think so 
 
– Congratulations for you and Commandant Hunter  
 
– Thanks… I’ll see later 
 
– I wouldn’t miss it  
 
They both continue their path – “poor guy, he must think I’m crazy, at least this time I didn’t curse as I used too… I truly had to look that a manic screaming to the poor radio just because they programmed Minme’s music”.  
 
This path has so many memories and means as much as the place where she was rescued twice by Rick nearby the now restored SDF1, in fact every corner of Macross City have been an scenario of their relationship, places there were together, those where she tried to drawn her sorrows, the ones where they kissed or argued… so many memories in so many places.  
 
“If only these streets could talk… I have walked them so many times, alone or with company, just walking or running away from something or someone. All those times I spent the night with him and I walked back home wondering what the fuck I was doing, and now all I can wonder is why we took so long, if only we weren’t such cowards, Gloval” – sights as trying to take sad memories away from her mind – “I wish you were here with me, I’m missing so many of you right now, so many person that should be beside us”.  
 
Arrives to her place, takes the jacket off and hangs it on the hanger next to the door, over the small table notices she has a message in her answering machine, pushes play despite she already knows who’s from… 
 
– It’s me, its 7 am and you are not home, you cheater… now I see why you didn’t know me there last night, don’t jinx it… it’s bad luck if the groom sees the bride before the weeding. Call me as soon as you arrive. 
 
– To return the call push 0 now – “ok let’s get ready to be yelled by my big sister 
 
– Where were you? 
 
– Out jugging  
 
– Yeah, jugging… it’s how you call it nowadays  
 
– If you don’t want me to lie, don’t ask question you already know the answer 
 
– Lisa, it’s supposed  
 
– I know, he doesn’t have to see me today not before the weeding 
 
– That’s right, in a few more hours you’ll be Mrs. Hunter  
 
– Ahaha, Mrs. Hayes-Hunter if you please 
 
– Sorry Mrs. Hayes-Hunter… what I’m trying to say it’s that you’re going to have the rest of your life to be together, I know you think it’s a silly tradition…  
 
– No Claudia, I don’t think it’s dumb, if it means so much for you, it is important to me  
 
– Thanks, I know you are just getting along but I don’t mind, by the way at what hour you want me there to help you  
 
– It’s about 8 am, what about in two hours – answers while sees her watch  
 
– Do you really think that would be enough… Lisa you are getting married at noon, we won’t have time  
 
– I just have to dress and fix my hair, we are not talking about open heart surgery  
 
– You gave executive power or not… 
 
– I gave you executive power to organize my weeding – answers mocking Claudia  
 
– We’ll be there in an hour  
 
– We? Who we? 
 
– The girls are coming too 
 
– The bunnies… 
 
– Also Miriya and Dana, we are all going to get prepare at your places 
 
– You’re Brizdezilla  
 
– Honey, you are going to have the weeding I’ve always dreamed, or do you think this is only your day 
 
– No, it is also for our bigger brothers 
 
– Ok, you have an hour, I’ll bring breakfast  
 
– Ok mum  
 
– Take a bubble bath, it will be a while before you can take one again  
 
– Do you know that I adore you  
 
– That’s obvious silly; knowing me means loving me, see you latter.  
 
“I’ll be lost without her” – thinks Lisa while walks to her room, her place is a mess – “I should asked to send the presents to Rick’s – over the dining room table and the living room are several present boxes – “but we are going to live here at least until the SDF3 take off”  
 
Enters to her room and the first thing she see hanging in a little hanger in the closet door is her dress, it is nothing that people would imagine for the Ice Queen Hayes, but when Claudia showed her the clip she felt in love with it.  
 
FLASHBACK 
 
I was seated in Claudia couch, the same one I seated the night all changed, that rainy night with the wine and Claudia and Roy’s love story, the first night Rick and I made love, if possible Claudia was a little bit more excited than me with the news, her eyes were shining in a special way when I told her with fully detail how he proposed the night before.  
 
– I looks to beautiful on your finger  
 
– It does – we were looking at the little diamond ring shining in my finger – I don’t know where he found it, Cartier and Tifanny’s have been out of the business since Dolzar’s 
 
– It was bought in Tifanny’s long before that battle  
 
– What are talking about 
 
– Roy bought it before the Zentraedi’s war started 
 
– It is your ring 
 
– It never was mine, I saw it in a window at Tifanny’s and I love it, that’s how I know where he bought it  
 
– He bought it for you,  
 
– Yeah, but he never gave it to me, so technically the ring is not mine  
 
– I don’t understand…  
 
– His plan was to proposed after the SDF1 ceremony, in fact Rick brought it with him the day you met him, Roy took the opportunity of Rick’s visit to save a few bucks in shipping expenses… he used Hunter Express  
 
– But what happened, he had the ring and you were already living together  
 
– The war started Lisa, that’s what happened. He didn’t want to leave a widow behind  
 
– He did it anyway 
 
– Yeah, but you know how he was, Roy and his crazy ideas… he thought that if died in battle, at least there wouldn’t be a contract binding me to him and it would be easier for me to start all over again without him.  
 
– You haven’t and I don’t you will in a near future  
 
– Let’s change the subject ok, I don’t want to steal your thunder  
 
– Ok, but Roy Focker was a puzzle  
 
– Don’t even say it, I lived with him for years and I think I never figure him out 100%. I think that the only one that did was Rick, they are so similar in some things that there have been occasions that seeing that boy is like seeing a small dark hair version of Roy.  
 
– He loves you  
 
– Rick? 
 
– Yeah, he calls you his sister in law, and not only for me, but because of your relationship with Roy. He is always talking about how lucky was his brother to find you, that Roy’s live was so different since he met you, there a before and after Claudia, but above all that he never saw so happy in his live, despite the war 
 
– The feeling is mutual, Roy was so worried about him, his immaturity freaked him out, he said that a boy raised by two men had not clue of how to treat woman, or to act around them 
 
– Oh that’s why… I thought he was just slow in that department  
 
– He is… he hated so much to see him like a puppy after Minmei, in every opportunity Roy had he told Rick to find himself a woman not a girl, he even mentioned that you were perfect for him… forget about the doll and get serious with someone as Hayes, that’s a woman.  
 
– I don’t see him playing the matchmaker  
 
– Believe or not, he always believe that you were just what Rick needed, someone sweet but focus, one of the few woman whose inside matches her outside.  
 
– He used to say that… 
 
– Of course silly, for Roy you were the third woman with an outside as beautiful as her inside  
 
– You are the first of course  
 
– The second, first was mama Hunter  
 
– Mama Hunter…  
 
– They both used to call her like that  
 
– Claudia is your ring, the fact that he didn’t give to you don’t change the fact that the bought it specially for you, I believe you must have it… for me a VT screw would work as good  
 
– Don’t you thing that Rick gave you the ring with my blessing  
 
– He spoke with you 
 
– Before he gave it too, of course, he has to ask your hand to someone and some advises of how to do it  
 
– So it was your idea  
 
– No… I just told him to do what was inside his heart and one thing lead to the other  
 
– You knew about the ring  
 
– It was in Roy’s pocket the day he died, Rick confirmed me that he had it with him all the time… always looking for the perfect opportunity to proposed, when I claimed his body, they also gave me his personal effects and there it was, a beautiful diamond ring still in its velvet box, since that day I kept it in a drawer  
 
– I cannot imagine what you felt when you saw it  
 
– That he love me enough to be around carrying a velvet box with a ring that probably cost him 3 months of wage. Actually the ring was not Rick’s idea, he was wondering where he could get one, and I just thought that Roy would be very happy  
 
– Thanks Claudia… I don’t know what to say  
 
– Roy bought the ring thinking to make a woman happy and at the end he did, he is making my best friend very happy… and above all she turns to be the fiancé of his little brother, better impossible. I have something else for you.  
 
– Besides your ring  
 
– Our ring… Roy, Rick, your and mine, wait a minute – Claudia answered while she stood up and took a photographic album off the bookcase  
 
– What’s this  
 
– Open it  
 
– Oh my God – It was a full with photos of bride’s dresses, hairdos, flowers bouquets, center pieces and all necessary to plan a weeding – when you did this  
 
– I started when Roy and I moved in together, I supposed it wouldn’t be long to become husband and wide, there’s the weeding of my dreams… probably you can take some ideas  
 
– We are going to take some ideas… I’m going to need your help, I wouldn’t know where to start – and I didn’t, she did everything for me  
 
– Of course silly, I’m going to be part of it, I’m going to help you to plan everything, it’s going to be challenging because, well some of that stuff is not easy to find, but we’ll improvise something 
 
– We don’t want a big weeding, something simple with our closest friends – I continued going through the album but then something caught my attention and I scream so happy – THIS IS THE DRESS! 
 
– Which? – she approached to see the picture – we have to stop sharing the brain 
 
– Please don’t tell this is your dress  
 
– With some changes, maybe a different collar or turn it into a halter  
 
– For me it’s perfect as it is  
 
END OF THE FLASHBACK 
 
And I didn’t, the dress was exactly as Claudia’s clip. A replica of a beautiful and simple Greek style dress designed by Vera Wang more than two decades ago, a vintage dress the trio called it. The only difference was the color, I chose an ivory tone instead of a virginal white, and also I included a little olive strap in the shoulder. 
 
“Thanks Claudia, for letting me have your weeding” – thinks while sinks into the bathtub  
 
RICK 
 
The sun is entering by the window into a small house in the military neighborhood, on the bed there is a man lying face down snoring, he holds what he believes is someone just to realize that is only a pillow.  
 
– Fuck woman, not again… - he has a flashback of Lisa’s awful practice at the beginning of their relationship, then he had 1001 ideas in his mind of the reason why she ran every morning, now he knows why she is not there – we don’t want to jinx it  
 
In a few hours the woman of his dreams and nightmares will be his wife, bossy Lisa Hayes, the woman that get him out of his mind… the weasel  
 
“Who would tell… the weasel and I” – he seats on the bed and stares the picture that reminds him so much of his childhood – “I wish to take her to that place, walk on the wheat fields, maybe make love there… but there are gone, as well as the possibility to have our honeymoon in her beloved London”.  
 
He stands up, takes the bottom of the pajama perfectly fold on the burro next to his bed side – “since mum no one has spoiled me so much as Lisa” – walks bare foot to the kitchen to prepare a cup of coffee – “soluble coffee, it hate this stuff but my coffee maker is at our place” – realizes that in what it used to be his house there’s only what he needs to survive for one week, the time he agreed to be out of their place to comply with formalities – “only because I care and love Claudia” – thinks while takes the cup out of the microwave, takes one sip and returns to his room.  
 
His coffee maker is like his picture, with a great sentimental value, it was a peace offering from Lisa after a huge fight, his fault he remembered, but as always she was the sensible one, she didn’t ask him forgiveness but the coffee maker appear one day in his place with a note – “Soluble is as good as mood” – since then he become addict to a good cup of coffee in the morning, to the smell of fresh coffee, but today he has to settle.  
 
He seats on the bed and puts the cup on the burro – “if someone would tell me about Lisa and I and probably would laugh… brother you were so right when you used to tell me that she and I were perfect for each other despite the differences between us and I laugh at your face. You would be proud of me and so much prouder of Claudia, you couldn’t find someone better than her, just like that she offered me your ring… I wanted to ask for it but I didn’t have to, she just stood up and returned with it, still in its velvet box… she just said… it’s so beautiful that it has to be worn and whose better than Lisa, it’s going to look stunning in her finger, he would be happy with his, believe me Rick”.  
 
“you should be so proud of her, up there seated on your cloud and laughing when I proposed Lisa, I don’t know how Max talked me into it, but I thank he did… million of women has wool to the charm of a serenade, million and one more…” 
 
FLASHBACK 
 
I was so afraid, standing there in the garden outside our place with the group from Claudia’s bar, the jazz and blues band they both like so much, Max was beside me as he has been since day one.  
 
– It’s getting really late Rick  
 
– These sorts of things should be done at night, isn’t it? 
 
– Its 10 pm, it’s already night… besides if we want to do this as it should be done, we would have a mariachi with us not a jazz band.  
 
– A what  
 
– It would take me while to explain you, come on Rick… you want this to be unforgettable, you have been going over and over during the last weeks planning a magical way to propose… Roy carried that ring for years and never found the right moment, don’t do the same, the best moment is now 
 
– What about if Lisa hates it… I mean if she thinks it too corny  
 
– At least she is going to remember it with a smile on her face while she tells it to your children  
 
– How you did it… this is worst than facing a whole PODS battalion  
 
– I didn’t think about it, the words just came out of my mouth and that was romantic, besides Mir was not very demanding, 
 
– No, she was just trying to send you to the after life… have you ever regretted about it, I mean don’t you miss to be single, to be able to go out with the guys, meet new girls, taste… you know  
 
– Eating at different restaurants  
 
– Something like that 
 
– No, I don’t deny that there a few things I miss of being single, and that there had been a few women that caught my attention at least enough to consider it, but immediately I see Miriya’s love face and our daughter, I think about how happy I’m by their side and any desire or doubt disappears  
 
– That’s what I feel, when I see the new or I hear Minmei on the radio… sometimes I wonder about if I took the right decision, I remember her kisses and caresses, but immediately I hear Lisa’s voices whispering I love you… and that’s it all I can do is think about my redhair and the pain I felt when I thought I lost her.  
 
– That’s your answer  
 
– That’s my answer, I just cannot live without her  
 
– Ok Guys… “For Once in my Life” 
 
He heard the song in a party at the Stearling’s and for a strange reason despite I’m not a very good dancing I stood up and gave my hand to Lisa to take her out, she just smiled while took it, stood up and we started to dance… it became our song 
 
When the band started play it I just thought about the lyrics.  
 
For once in my life 
I have someone who needs me 
Someone I've needed so long 
For once unafraid 
I can go where life leads me 
And somehow I know I'll be strong 
 
“I do have someone that needs me and she takes all my fears away, she makes me want to be stronger everyday” 
 
She turned the light of the room on and I could see her walking towards the door… 
 
For once I can touch 
What my heart used to dream of 
Long before I knew 
Someone warm like you 
Could make my dream come true 
 
The door opened and there she was standing wearing the grandma robe she loves so much and I have muck about it so much… her hair was down falling over her shoulders and in her face I saw a surprised look combined with happiness, her eyes sparkling and I knew she was about to burst in tears.  
 
For once in my life 
I won't let sorrow hurt me 
Not like it's hurt me before 
For once I've got someone 
I know won't desert me 
I'm not alone anymore 
 
I walked towards her and she joined me, for a few seconds I felt like if we were in that old movie we once saw together, only that this time Rick and Ilsa end up together in Casablanca, she didn’t go with Lazlo… well in this case Rick didn’t end up with Minmei… now Rick and Lisa were closing circles, no more Nazis or Zentraedis, no more Lazlo or Minmei.  
 
For once I can say 
This is mine, you can't take it 
As long as I've got love 
I know I can make it 
For once in my life 
I've got someone who needs me 
 
We started to dance very gently without caring about the crow we already had, we both knew that all our neighbors were watching through their windows, she was sobbing while hiding her face in my shoulders.  
 
– Hayes… will you marry me – I said so low that she was the only one that could hear me 
 
She lifted her face and stared at me as she was expecting me to say… happy April’s fools, but she saw something in my eyes and only held me tighter and kissed me…  
 
At least for once I can say  
This is mine, you can't take it 
As long as I know I've got love 
I know I can make it 
For once in my life 
I've got someone who needs me 
For once in my life 
I've found someone who needs me 
For once in my life 
I've got someone who needs me 
 
“for once in my life I can say she is mine and no one can take her away from me… I found you Lisa, at least me are together now” 
 
Music ended and we continued holding each other, dancing as if we continue hearing a music nobody else could heard.  
 
– Well, what about it 
 
– Yes…  
 
I split and took a velvet book from my pocket and got on my knees.  
 
– Elizabeth Hayes, will you make me the honor to be my wife – I asked again while I put the ring in her finger, which took me a while because both were shaking 
 
– Of course I will Richard Hunter 
 
I stood up and hold her while, the cornier proposal in the universe was made by one of the toughest pilots on earth and the sweetest acceptances was by the hardest captain. We kissed and hear our neighbors clapping and cheering, they were outside, celebrating with us.  
 
END OF THE FLASHBACK 
 
 
It has been 3 months and many people thought it was too soon, but if they took that time was basically to pleased Claudia and organized the weeding, yet simple but very similar to the one she had planned for Roy and her.  
 
Rick really wanted to pleased Claudia, wanted to give her back a little part of the happiness she gave to his brother, also she gave him her engagement ring, that one that Roy was dying to give her but never got the chance – “Well I have to get ready to face my most important battle… my weeding.” 
 
The phone starts to ring and he stands to take the call, answers certain that the one calling so early is his best man.  
 
– I’m up… and yes she expended the night here but fled early so we are off the hook of the curse  
 
– I’m not Max 
 
– Minmei – “why the hell is she calling”  
 
– The one and only – her voice sounds cheerful but actually thick tears are falling – how have you been, Rick  
 
– Kind of busy – just speaking with her, makes him feel as he is betraying Lisa, despite the fact that talking with his first love just makes him feel nostalgic, he has no other feeling for her.  
 
– I can imagine, in fact I’m in Macross Airport  
 
– You were in Town or are you arriving – asks a little bit scared  
 
– Relax, I don’t intend to interrupt anything, I’m just waiting for a connection, I returning from Europe and I have to be early today in New Detroit, but I have some minutes to spare and decided to call you.  
 
– Travelling as always  
 
– Yeah you know that fee I have to pay for being a star, I was hoping to reach you at this number, I heard you move in together  
 
– I’m back for a few days… you know  
 
– Formalities to comply before you tie the not  
 
– Something like that  
 
– I’m just calling to wish you both happiness  
 
– Thanks  
 
– I hope you to be very happy… she better makes you happy  
 
– Don’t worry, she will… how have you been  
 
– Travelling  
 
– I didn’t ask Miss Macross, I ask you Lynn Minmei 
 
– I’m fine… I’m finally in peace with Kyle, he is not my manager, because he rather to get to know each other as friends and cousins, we are writing each other almost every day. Since the day we got apart he stopped drinking, can you believe it he has been sober for months.  
 
– I happy for him, deep inside he is a great guy  
 
– The best  
 
– And your personal life  
 
– I’m dating my drummer, he is so sweet and have so much in common, nothing serious yet, we are going day by day building our relationship – she feels is about to crack and not be able to hold that performance for any longer, so decides to end it – well Rick, I have to get ready for my flight and I suppose you have so much to do 
 
– I do  
 
– I’m happy you didn’t see her today… is bad luck you know – “but it would be the best of luck for me” 
 
– Everyone have said the same  
 
– Well best of luck for both, I hope that one day I can – begins to sob  
 
– Minmei… I, please don’t cry – “we cannot chose the one we are going to fell in love” 
 
– Someday we will be all friends, I know it… give Lisa a kiss on my behalf 
 
– I will  
 
– Bye Rick  
 
He hears the sound of cut line… he knows that I couldn’t be easy for Minmei to make that call, how many courage she had to get to make it and thanks her for it, hangs the phone and enters the bathroom to take a shower, he will call Max later, for now he wants to relax and enjoy the day.  
 
“It seams a life time since that time I staged a fake weeding with Minmei while we were lost in the SDF1, we were such kids then… you weren’t the big star yet and I wasn’t a soldier, if things would stay the same we were probably together but life took us by different paths, I’ll always cherish the memories of what we had, I loved you and a lot, but Lisa came into my life and things could be the same since the very first time I kissed… the first time I kiss the weasel, I wish the best for you Minmei, I hope you can find whatever you are looking for”.  
 
Warm water helps him to relax… he has thousand of Minmei’s memories, but all of them are nothing compare with Lisa’s. Minmei was his first love and he will always remember her, but Lisa is and will be the love of his life.  
 
“I don’t know when I fell in love with you, but even in that you were sutil… since the first time I saw you I thought you were one of the most beautiful women I had lay my eyes on, then one of the most interesting I have talked with and finally the sweetest woman I’ve ever shared my bed with… I know you are going to be mine for the rest of our lives.” 
 
Gets our of the shower with a towel wrapped in his waist, stands in front of the sink to wash his teeth… when he arises his sight sees a little message left by Lisa in the mirror.  
 
I LOVE YOU AND I’M COUNTING THE MINUTES… LISA HAYES-HUNTER 
 
“I love you too Mrs. Hayes-Hunter” 
 
 
Both  
 
It’s a lovely summer day, the weather is calm and the wind is blowing gently… in the park located in the shore of Gloval Lake there is a kiosk decorated with bright color flowers, a young man with dark hair is standing there, next to him there is his best friend, both are dressed up.  
 
– Relax Rick, if you don’t stop moving like that people will believe you are getting ready to run away  
 
– She should be here by now 
 
– It’s not even the time  
 
– Miriya called you a while ago  
 
– A couple of minutes ago  
 
– Maybe she gets cold feet  
 
– She wouldn’t  
 
– I don’t you… do you feel like this at your weeding  
 
– Yeah… people say that you feel butterflies in your stomach, I had a intergalactic battle 
 
– That’s how I feel, we should pick other place  
 
– This is were you kissed for the first time and in a way is the nearest place to  
 
– Both her fathers graves… I know but  
 
He cannot finish the phrase, a black car has arrived and she is getting off looking as a goddess, her ivory dress and her hair down with some little white flowers on it, she just stunning, looking if possible more beautiful than never… besides him Max is as shocked as he is, Miriya is wearing an olive green mermaid like dress, her hair is up with some locks of hair framing her lovely face, their daughter looks like a fairy wearing a dress of the same color of her mama’s. 
 
All the bridesmaids are wearing green dresses, but each one is different, reflecting their personality… sexy for Sammy, medieval princess for Kim, simple for Vanessa, and elegant for Claudia, which green shade is darker because she is the bridesmaid of honor.  
 
Lisa sees him and thinks that he is the most handsome man she has never seen  
 
– He is so handsome – says to Claudia, while her best friend is giving her the bouquet 
 
– Max is really beautiful too, isn’t it 
 
– Yeah Miriya he looks handsome  
 
– Beautiful is not the same thing that handsome  
 
– No… but I’ll explain it later one during reception, now is showtime  
 
– I’m not dreaming  
 
– No honey you are really doing this  
 
– I have dreamed about this since I met him, and now I cannot believe it, can someone pinch me  
 
– Ok – Miriya give her a pinch in her arm  
 
– Ouch 
 
– You asked it for  
 
– At least I think I have some blue  
 
Perchabel Cannon is playing and that’s the sign she was waiting for, the ceremony is initiating  
 
– Ready or not, here we go… 
 
– Here we go 
 
Walks the isle between the rows of chairs in front the kiosk that will be the altar where they are going to say their bounds… her eyes are fixed on him, in front of her Dana is throwing rose petals, little worrier is acting as she has to… she knows that her job is the most important for her aunt Lisa and uncle Rick’s big day, behind her the girls, Sammy and Kim first, Miriya and Vanessa behind them, and finally Claudia, all with colorful flower bouquets 
 
Rick’s eyes are just for Lisa, but when the girls arrive to the altar he gives them a smile, for Claudia a special look and a thanks only she can read in his lips.  
 
Ceremony is beautiful and now is time for them to share their bounds… Lisa’s dream was to express all she felt for him in front of all their love ones.  
 
Rick goes first, in front of their friends and love ones, he turns to the woman he love and takes her hands in his… 
 
– Lisa, since the first time I met you I know you would be a challenge… we have walked a long road together and the last months that we have walked holding hands have been easier, I not good talking and you know it, but I promise that with facts I’ll try to show you how much you mean to me. You have been there for me when I needed you, you have comforted me during my saddest moments and laugh in my happiness, you have been my Nemesis, my best friend, my lover, my love… and now you are my wife and I cannot ask for more, I love you Lisa Hayes-Hunter 
 
She is just staring him and doesn’t mind when some tears begin to fall through her cheeks, as once Claudia say the best tears are happy ones.  
 
– Rick… you turned Ice Queen Hayes into a woman and that was something, you melt the ice around my heart and conquered it, yeah it hasn’t been an easy road but every mile has been worthy. I know that in front of us there are bigger challenges but knowing that you are going to be holding my hand gives me the courage to face whatever future brings… you are my yang, you are the one that complements me… I love you since the first time you call me weasel, you rescued me from Mars and Grand Canyon, but the most important is that you rescued me from myself, from my loneliness.  
 
– By the power invested on my by Macross City I declare you husband and wide, you may kiss the bride – they both kiss very sweetly, they will have plenty of time to show all what they feel for each other in other moment.  
 
A song begins… first a manly voice not quite familiar  
 
listen baby ain´t no mountain high ,ain´t no valley low, 
ain´t no river wide enough baby 
 
Then a rather familiar voice follows, it sounds more mature than ever  
 
If you need me call me 
no matter where you are, 
no matter how far (don't worry baby) 
just call out my name. 
I'll be there in a hurry 
you don't have to worry 
 
Minmei is there with her band… the song has a special meaning for all the guests.  
 
'Cause baby there 
Ain't no mountain high enough 
Ain't no valley low enough 
Ain't no river wide enough 
To keep me from getting to you babe 
 
They all stand up and walk to the improvised dance floor.  
 
Remember the day I set you free 
I told you could always count on me, darling 
From that day on 
I made a vow 
I'll be there when you want me 
some way, somehow 
 
“Yeah Rick I mean what I said the day we get apart… I’ll always be there for you, in a way you can always count on me, you’ll always had my friendship” 
 
'Cause baby there 
Ain't no mountain high enough 
Ain't no valley low enough 
Ain't no river wide enough 
To keep me from getting to you babe 
 
Claudia is dancing with little Dana… while sees the trio dancing with those fellows that once were Zentraedis espies but that with time turned into an example for human race – “they probably end up together those six, I thing they made beautiful couples… everything is falling into place… even you will find someone that loves you as you deserve it MInmei, and I join him in due time, after I meet our nephews” 
 
No wind, 
No rain, 
 
Or winter's cold. 
Can stop me baby. 
ooooh no, baby 
Cause you are my goal 
If you're ever in trouble 
I'll be there on the double 
just send for me 
oooh baby 
send for me oooh baby 
 
– No winter or intergalactic battle will take me away from you Max 
 
– Nothing could honey, I’ll always be there for you and the baby  
 
– Babies  
 
– Babies???? 
 
– Yeah babies… we are expecting  
 
– I love you Miriya Farina 
 
– I love you too Maximilian 
 
My love is alive 
Way down in my heart 
Although we are miles apart 
If you ever need a helping hand 
I'll be there on the double 
just as fast as I can 
 
– I didn’t know she was going to perform  
 
– I did, I actually asked her to, she call you congratulate us and invited her with the condition that she sings just one song  
 
– No hard feelings  
 
– None, she was part of your life long before I, and I know you will always have a feeling for her 
 
– A great friendship  
 
– A great friendship I hope I can be part of one day 
 
– All mine is yours  
 
don't you know that ; 
there ain't no mountain high enough, 
ain't no valley low enough, 
ain't no river wide enough, 
to keep me from getting to you babe  
 
ain't no mountain high enough, 
ain't no valley low enough, 
ain't no river wide enough, 
 
They are all dancing with a partner or alone at the protective shadow of the SDF1, the all have thousand of thoughts in their minds… they survived the biggest war of all, they shared sad and happy moments, they cried and laugh together, they all follow the lyrics of the song chose by Minmei… is not her own but it seams so important for all the people there, it means so much for there. 
 
No mountain high enough, no valley low enough, no cruel way, harsh battle, painful lost, nothing will keep them apart, they will always be there for each other to comfort them in hard times. Even if they are apart for million of miles, the tough SDF1 crew and civilians are now a family that will continue together forever, remembering and honoring those that gave their lives for their future. They will follow the example of those you left early; inside of them there is a Roy Fucker or a Captain Gloval. Lisa Hayes and Rick Hunter cannot be luckier or happier of being part of such dysfunctional but loving family 
 
THE END 

Continue / Continua: No

Feedback / Comentarios: Yes / Si

Author email / email del autor: del_valle03ATyahoo.com