fanfic_name = Lisa

chapter = Chapter 6

author = Clo

Rating = AP15

Type = Angst

fanfic = Chapter Six – Macross

 

Claudia was very supported when I arrived to Macross, my first surprise and I think all of us was to see by the very first the huge ship that could be seen from the plane, it was right in the middle of the island, that famous meteor that fell in 1999 and if would for Claudia, I surely missed that sight.

 

- I think you have to watch through the window

 

- By the goddess… it’s that what I think

 

- That’s right, Lisa I present you the leading lady of Macross Project, the SDF-1

 

- SDF-1?

 

- Yes… Super Defence Fortress, quite impressive isn’t

 

- Pretty much, so that’s the source of all Robotech technology in the planet.

 

- It seams li….

 

- This is Captain we will be landing in the International Macross City Airport, please buckle your seatbelts and turn off any electrical device you might be using.

 

- International Airport? – I asked

 

- International Airport – Claudia answered mocking me

 

The airport was outside the city, and indeed there was a city with civilians and all kind of services, I laugh for myself thinking how fool and naïve I was thinking it would be a crater in the far end of the earth.

 

- For the look of your face I imagine you didn’t expect his at all – she said I was watching the streets of Macross City, we decided to share a cab

 

- You are right… it is not a military city, it’s a city period

 

- We have all kind of services we still miss entertainment as theatre and museums.

 

- Someone misses NY – suddenly Private Hayes let Lisa to be herself for a few seconds, and thank the goddess for Claudia it was the first of many, I said as a girl – thanks to the goddess, there is Chinese

 

- The Goddess?

 

- My best friend – the only I thought – says that God is woman, woman gives life, god gives life, ergo god is a woman

 

- Interest point of view, where is she

 

- Somewhere in the Pacific, she is assigned in CVN-99 Asuka II

 

- A highly confidential project, sometimes we have visitors from that project, so it is possible you might see her…

 

- I hope so, I haven’t seen her since we left military school

 

- Well our first girls night out will be to have Chinese Food and dancing

 

- That would be great, except for the dancing part…. Holy shit in a toast

 

- What happen with the Goddess? – Claudia joked, but she perfectly knew what I was referring to.

 

- It is so much impressive from this point of view, the whole base in the Fortress?

 

- Basically, there are some buildings around it, as the military living quarters, for those with no need to live in the City.

 

- It’s a wonder

 

- Wait to see the inside

 

During my first week I stayed in a “hotel” for lack of a better word for newly arrivals to Macross, while we waited for a more permanent accommodation, I believed Claudia pulled some strings or some comments, because during the second week I was moving to a small flat, my roommate was Claudia Grant. She also had all the reason, if the fortress was shocking from the outside, it’s inside was a technological miracle.

 

I thought in Vanessa and Karl, and how much there would enjoy being there, there were friends, not only because of the fact she was my best friend and he was my boyfriend, but in the love and fascination the both felt for technology. There were occasions I felt out of their conversations, they were tow of the brightest persons I’ve met.

 

The first week was my induction to the bridge activities and linings to be followed inside the base, at my second week I was in active duty. Claudia always admired my command voice and the self confidence I showed at work, “you are a natural in front of your terminal, you look more comfortable in here that out there in your personal life” she once joked. We became best friends, to be honest so much more than what I’ve ever was with Vanessa.

 

Thinks were ok, a few weeks after my arrival, the famous Roy Fockeer, a real handsome guy and cool a Steve McQueen in his thirties, was something more than friends with Claudia. There were almost perfect, they complemented each other in a way I never saw before. He became a good friend, and not only because of Claudia, he loved to mock me, I also loved how Claudia introduced me to people “This is Private Lisa Hayes, my best friend”, we became a circle of friends in the growth.

 

Their relationship started by magic, the day before they introduced themselves as a couple, she hated him and didn’t want to see him again and next morning he went to our small flat to “escort us” to the base, holding hands with Claudia and saying good bye outside the bridge with a sweet kiss.

 

Captain Gloval was all I thought, I’ve seen him in the bridge and he was a leader, his way of giving orders and command people was excellent. Claudia was in his inner circle of trust and one night we went out to celebrate my birthday to the Chinese food restaurant, which was one of the most popular in town, I met the man behind the soldier. We were waiting for our table in the bar when I heard his voice, he reminded me so much to my father, but he had a strong accent.

 

- Claudia, Roy what a coincidence – I turned and saw the owner of that voice and in front of me was Henry Gloval – sorry Lisa I didn’t see you

 

- What are you doing here Captain – Claudia asked

 

- The same than you I supposed, do you mind to join for dinner with an old Captain that has not wishes to do it alone

 

- At all sir, it will be an honour – it was Roy who answered.

 

- Your table is ready Captain…

 

- Change of plans Lee, we will be four for dinner

 

- Of course sir

 

Nothing could prepared me for Henry Gloval, even his rank was below my father’s and I’ve seen him before at his wedding, it wasn’t at all what you might expect from a Captain, a widow and most important a Russian, well at least what I expected. He was a person that showed authority in everything he did, but not authoritarian, he wasn’t cold as my father, but warm as a father should be. In the following years I had the privilege to work with him, he became that mentor I always needed, he became the second most important man of my life.

 

He was funny, always fighting with Claudia about his right to kill himself with his tobacco, and Claudia as a good American telling him that she deserves better than lung cancer. Roy just laughed and teased her accepted the cigars Henry Gloval offered him, when he has not his pipe near. He talked about everything and always avoided to talk about work outside the base or in the breaks.

 

Six months later after my arrival we received an SOS call from the CVN-99 Asuka II, Roy was assigned to provide military support, I handled him the little Viutton wallet I bought back home so he could give it to Vanessa, sadly that wallet returned to me.

State = Continuará/To Be Continue

feedback = Sí/Yes

email = del_valle03ATyahoo.com