Fanfic Name / Nombre del Fanfic: A Shadow From the Future

Chapter / Capitulo: Chapter 7

Author / Autor: Ronnie Floyd

Rating / Clasificacion: O18 (Over 18 = Mayores de edad 18 años por tipo de lenguaje, violencia o escenas subidas de tono)

Angst / Drama

Fanfic: CHAPTER 7 
 
April 27th, 2011 
Lisa woke up early then next morning and rolled over to see Rick still sound asleep on the other side of the bead. “Was last night really a dream?” She thought to herself pulling the covers down to see she was truly naked underneath, then lifting them ever so slightly to see Rick was as well. Lisa had to reach out and touch Rick’s arm, to feel he was real before she was convinced last nights was not a dream and that she was awake at this very moment. Rick didn’t wake up when Lisa touched his shoulder, but he moved around a little pulling the sheets over his face to block out the morning light. “I wonder if a full on Zentraedi attack would wake him from his slumber.” Lisa thought to herself as she walked off down the hall to the bath room. 
Lisa turned on the hot water to the tub and searched for anything she could find to make her bath more relaxing. Lisa sighed realizing there was nothing in the bathroom she was looking for, but after a search through Rick entire barics she found a handful of candles still in the plastic wrapping, most likely a gift he just tossed into the closet she thought, pouring a handful of shampoo into the tub Lisa used a book of matches she found in the Kitchen to light the four candles and place them around the room. “Men just don’t know how to bathe.” Lisa thought as she slowly lowered herself down into the steaming hot tub, laying her head against the angled back of the tub she was relieved to see his tub was big enough for her to fully extend her legs in front of her, lowering herself down until the bubbles closed in over the top of her shoulders the lowest lengths of her hair getting wet and sticking to the back of the tub. As Lisa relaxed and closed her eyes, Images of her wild night with Rick kept flashing into her mind…. Lisa couldn’t help but smile and enjoy the replay. 
June 10th, 2011 
It had been six weeks since the night Kim got out of the Hospital, through the work efforts of all the survivors and the Robotech technicians, a small city had been built in only two weeks, and two more cities over the last month, most of the big time civilians like the Mayor and celebrities like Lynn-Minmei had already been moved out of the SDF-1 and into the new city. Kim was walking in the park inside the SDF-1, with the new city being built people were being moved out of the ship one block at a time, several blocks a day, this left the park empty… most of Macross City was like a ghost town, with close to a third of the population already moved out of the ship and the thousands of remaining civilians packing and preparing for the chance to move out. Kim sat on a bench in the park looking up at the rusted space fortress above her head where there once artificial sky and sunset once set over the city. 
Kim thought back about the last couple of months… her and Ronnie… everything was perfect until that day… Kim shook her head snapping back to the present “My shrinks says I shouldn’t dwell on the negative.” Kim thought to herself and she rose and started back to her barics to change into her uniform and get ready to start her shift on the bridge. 
Rick jumped out of his veritech, having just finished his morning patrol of the surrounding area. Rick pulled his thinking cap off and walked out of the hanger bay to find Roy leaning against the wall in the hall way waiting for Rick. “Hey big brother, what’s up?” Rick asked as Roy stood up and slapped him on the back “Was your patrol as eventless as mine?” Roy asked. Rick just smiled “What you mean to tell me that sitting inside the cockpit of a veritech isn’t event full?” Rick asked half joking. Roy rolled his eyes “I saw you hot dogging out there, your just lucky Lisa has been sick the last couple of days.” Roy said Rick laughed knowing Roy was right even with Rick and Lisa officially dating she still would have let Rick have it for hot dogging out there. Roy and Rick both started off down the hall “What she got anyways?” Roy asked. “I don’t really know she says the last couple of days she has suddenly become nauseas and throwing up a lot, most likely just some bad food.” Rick replied.  
“WHAT DID YOU SAY?!” Claudia jumped up out of her seat on Lisa’s couch. Lisa looked down to the ground sweat on her fore head and feeling sick to her stomach again. “Don’t make me say it again; thinking about it makes me dizzy.” Lisa said, she was feeling dizzy, the room started to spin, he body started to sweat and shake a little. “Girl you are much sicker then you think, come on let me help you to your room.” Claudia said sliding under Lisa’s right arm and helping her up, Lisa tottered and it took all of Claudia’s strength to keep both ladies from falling to the ground. Lisa more then less slid her feet across the floor rather then pick them up with each step; the effort of shuffling to the bedroom with Claudia’s aid drained what little energy she had left. When Claudia finally helped Lisa sit down on the bed she noticed Lisa was covered in a cold sweat, and shivering out of control. “YOU’RE BURNNING UP!” Claudia said removing her hand from Lisa’s forehead. “Come on you need to cool down strip and get under the sheet only.” She said with a mother’s commanding tone in her voice, Claudia went into the bathroom and ran a wash cloth under cold water then rang it out and placed it on Lisa’s fore head. “You rest, I am going to start some soup, and then call the doctor you need to eat and rest that is it, if you want to get over this ill feeling.” Claudia said then she left the room. 
Captain Gloval sat in his command chair looking over the work reports for the new cities. “Sir, I just received a transmition from New Detroit, all major construction is finished and only 15 % of their workers are needed to finish the clean up work.” Vanessa repotted. “Very good Vanessa, tell them to take the next two days off to rest and perform any repairs on their equipment, then they are to report to the Military designated grounds at 0800 on Monday the 14th to begin work on the New Military Barics.” Gloval replied. Vanessa fallowed her orders as the bridge door opened, and Kim walked in. Gloval stood and walked over and gave Kim a little smile. “How are doing?” Gloval asked. Gloval had found his time spent with the main crew on the bridge over the last year and a half had become like a family, and Gloval very much felt the father of these girls. 
“I am doing fine thank you.” Kim replied as she sat down at her station.  
Claudia parked at the front entrance of the new hospital and parked along the pick up and drop off curb. “Wait here and I will be right back with a nurse and a wheel chair.” Claudia said, Lisa opened her mouth to protest but had to quickly close it and swallow down the sudden tightness in her throat, which was the third time in the 8 minute drive that Lisa had to fight back the sensation to through up. A couple of minutes later the Nurse was pushing Lisa into the Hospital entrance sitting in a wheel chair. 
“So when did you first notice these symptoms?”The nurse asked taking Lisa’s blood pressure. 
“They started about three days…” Lisa quickly turned and lowered her face into the small trash can on the table next to the medical bed and puked her guts out for the next five minutes. 
The nurse smirked at Lisa as she returned the blood pressure cuff to it’s shelf on the wall. 
“First time huh.” The nurse said picking up the clip board with all of Lisa’s medical info. 
Lisa just stared at her wide eyed. The nurse laughed, “Hun, we get girls in here all the time, don’t think the pregnancy test is right, think it must be a mistake, they don’t start eating more, and they keep working their butts of and not slowing down, your body is already starting to use a whole lot of extra energy to prepare for the baby, this is nothing more then just a severe case of morning sickness.” Lisa lay back on the bed the whole room started to spin she barley herd the nurse in the background saying something about the doctor will still run test to confirm she is pregnant but there was nothing to worry about. “Yeah right.”Lisa thought to herself “What is Rick going to do when he finds out?” 
Claudia was outside in the hallway buying a café waiting for the doctor to finish with Lisa, the door opened and the doctor was backing out of the room giving some last minute instructions to Lisa “Not that note is to put you on sick leave for a week until you recover, stay in bead, eat several little meals through out the course of each day and just rest.” The doctor was suddenly interrupted by the sound of a nurse yelling for him just a couple of doors down the hall. 
“The mystery pilot is a wake finally doctor.” She yelled before disappearing back into the room 
Seeing Lisa still resting on the bed, Claudia decided to take a walk by the room and see who this mystery pilot was, there were still several dozen military personal counted M.I.A. since the great battle against Dolza.  
There were several nurses in the room, one taking blood pressure another taking his pulse, a third checking his heart monitor, and the doctor was using his light pen to check the pilot’s eyes 
“He looks to be better then we hoped, nurse Chantal, go get…” Claudia couldn’t what medications were being described for a page rang out over the entire hospital, then all but one nurse left the room. 
Claudia waited a little farther down the hall until the final nurse left then walked by the door slowly looking inside the room. 
The pilot was laying back his right arm in a sling, the top of his head was wrapped in a medical bandage down to just above his eye brows, he had two black eyes his nose showed signs of being broken, and his whole face was covered in bruises and cuts he defiantly looked like he had been in a plane crash. The pilot turned his head towards the door sensing he was being watched, the way the light hit the pilot’s bluefish green eyes made them almost glow. Claudia put her hand over her mouth as she gasped. “It’s couldn’t be him.” She thought to herself, Claudia was staring so hard at the pilot tying to make out his face in the dark room, that she never noticed Lisa walking up on her and when Lisa taped her on the shoulder, Claudia screamed and jumped what felt like ten feet in the air. 
When Claudia finally re-gained her sanity she told Lisa to look inside the room, Lisa dropped her bag of medication when she finally realized who they were looking at. The pilot’s eyes were glazed over, and the look on his face showed either he could not see the two women clearly enough to identify them, or he had not fully recovered from his coma and didn’t remember who they were. Either way before Lisa and Claudia could move into the room, a nurse came up behind them pushing them out of the way. “NO VISITORS!” she yelled at the two women then slammed the door in her face. 
Lisa and Claudia just stood there for several minutes, neither of them knowing what to say, finally Claudia knelt down and picked up Lisa’s medication. Lisa walked over to the nurse’s desk and flagged down a nurse. “Who is in room 328?" Lisa asked the nurse, who looked at her chart and shrugged. “No one knows, he was found ejected out of his plane, his flight suit was ripped to shreds so we couldn’t even get a rank, and he has been in a coma ever since he arrived.” The nurse replied, Lisa’s knees started to shake and she had to grip the counted to keep from falling down. Claudia ran up behind her friend and the nurse ran over with another wheel chair. 
“Lisa, are you alright?” Claudia asked lowering her friend into the wheel chair. Lisa nodded her head “Yes, I just used up to much energy and became dizzy again.” She said. Claudia started off down the hall ahead of the nurse pushing Lisa back to the front of the Hospital ‘I’ll get the car, we need to get you home to rest, I will worry about the pilot later.” Then she was gone. 
Fifteen minutes later Lisa was tucked back into her bed, she had used what little energy she had left to slip into a red silk slip with matching panties that Rick had bout her after their wonderful night together The slip barley covered the lower curve of Lisa’s butt when she stood straight up, and though she protested it was to short, Rick would always say with the biggest of smiles it was the perfect length. 
“What is Rick going to say?” Lisa thought to herself “Is he going to hate me? Is he going to be mad at himself?” Lisa’s eyes started to well up with tears, another negative side affect of being pregnant, she was an emotional wreck… even more so then usual at least when it came to Rick Hunter. Claudia walked in and knelt down beside her dear friend, it broke Claudia’s heart to see her friend so burdened by this ruff patch in her life. “Give him a chance Lisa, if there is one thing I know about Rick, it’s that he has a way of surprising you in those times you are certain he will fall flat on his face.” Claudia said, as there was a knock on the door. 
Claudia opened the door to find Rick and Roy standing on the other side, Claudia put on her best smile and said “Rick just in time, I started Chicken Noodle soup for Lisa and it should be ready, be a dear and take her a bowl, she is resting in the bedroom. And you Roy turn around; you need to help me get groceries out of the car.” Roy frowned as Claudia closed the door behind her and the two walked out to the car. “So how bad is it?” Roy asked as he reached Claudia’s jeep. “Not bad at all, actually in a way good.” Claudia said with a smirk. Roy raised an eyebrow as he looked inside the jeep and found it was empty. “Hey what’s the big ideal?” he asked looking over to see Claudia standing with her right arm crossed over her stomach just under her breasts and holding the keys to her jeep out to Roy with her left hand.  
“Lisa and Rick need some alone time to talk, so you get the honor of taking me out to dinner.” She said with a smile. Roy took the keys and opened the passenger side of the car and bowed, “My Lady.” Roy said. 
Rick set the bowl of soup on the table beside the bed, and knelt down beside Lisa, running his hand through her hair, he was felt cool to the touch and a bit clammy, she looked flush as if the color has drained away from her face, Rick knew she just returned from the bathroom where she had probably puked her guts out yet again. “How are you feeling?” Rick asked 
“Lisa turned her green eyes to Rick and locked onto his baby blue eyes, she said a silent prayer, “Pleas oh God, don’t let him hate me for this.” Lisa looked away trying to find the words so she avoided them. 
“When we were at the hospital, there was this big commotion…” Lisa started, speaking very softly. Rick took a seat in the chair by the bed and listened, he was hanging off of every word Lisa said. 
“A pilot had been brought in the day we picked up Kim, had had finally awoken from his coma.” She continued. Rick smiled not knowing what t do and just waited for her to speak again. 
“Rick… I… We don’t know for sure, but we think it is Captain Floyd.” Lisa finally said closing her eyes and breathing a little harder, her heart was pounding at an alarmingly rapid rate, and Lisa could hear her pulse humping in her ears. 
Rick’s eyes grew wide “IS… Is he ok?’ Rick asked when he finally found his voice a couple of minutes latter. Lisa shook her head “I don’t know, the nurses made us leave, but he is alive and off of life support.” She finished showing signs of running out of breath. 
Rick leaned in and kissed her fore head. “That doesn’t matter right now, what did they say about you?” Lisa swallowed harshly, her throat felt suddenly dry, her heart seemed to speed up even more, and every pulse in her body was pounding, she hadn’t realized it at first but she was holding her breath. 
“Lisa?” Rick asked starting to get a little worried. 
Lisa opened her eyes once again turning her head ever so slightly locking in his gaze once again. 
“I’m pregnant.” Lisa whispered hoping he wouldn’t hear and wouldn’t ask again. Rick just sat there for a moment the room fell so silent you could hear the air moving around you, Lisa started to shake tears running down her face; she had finally lost it and could not hold back her emotions any longer. Rick was lost, he felt like he was hit in the stomach and never saw the punch coming, Rick’s face was now the one that was flush, and lost color and he felt so cold, as if someone had sucked all the heat from his body. Rick crossed his arms trying to keep them from shaking… then suddenly when the blow of Lisa’s words finally sunk in, a small smile started to form in the corners of his mouth, the more he tried to fight it the bigger it became. 
Rick got down on his knees and hugged Lisa holding his tightly in his grasp. 
“I am so sorry.” Lisa started to say when Rick pulled back so he could look at her. 
“For what? I am going to be a father, and you are going to be the beautiful mother.” Ricks smile widened showing teeth. “This is the happiest day of my life.” Rick said, and the two of them hugged each other both crying tears of happiness, Claudia was right, Lisa expected Rick to fall flat on his face and hate her, but he surprised her and in that moment became her rock to lean on, yes Rick Hunter was going to be a great father. Lisa thought to herself.  
Writer’s notes: sorry it isn’t that long I just wanted to really get the next chapter out there so eople didn’t think I had stopped writing it. 
So I hope you enjoy the twist that will really send your head spinning when you find out how all this affects Ronnie. 

Continue / Continua: Yes / Si

Feedback / Comentarios: Yes / Si

Author email / email del autor: deegan4everAThotmail.com