fanfic_name = Always Forever You

chapter = 1 Past LIfe

author = fragileflame

Rating = AP15

Type = Angst

fanfic = Pardon my lengthy intro it’s cause it’s my second fanfic ever. I should have paid attention in English class. But Yippee! Welcome. So I’m going to actually write a full plot. Yup I’m a cheesy romantic at heart I realize. My take on this plot is of course what if, but I also thought what else? This is my alternate universe, my closer look at filling in the personality gaps. I always wondered about those first two years on earth. Also, I certainly revamped Lisa and Rick’s personality because let’s face it. Carl Macek had to create a story based on a Japenese context. I finally saw the original Macross version and realize that they say way less. Not much you can infer. You just realize there’s a love triangle and the guy’s clueless, the older sophisticate woman whose stubborn and there’s the young flirty indecisive naive girl superstar. OH yeah lots of fighting too. Well there’s a little more meat than that but not too much. There’s only so much you can cram in 36 episodes.

 

I’m not too technical but I wish I could be because I loved the animation. It was far ahead of its time but hey I’m not getting paid. I’m sure you can relate. I used all my resources as woman and watching soaps, friends etc and just being an observer to human behavior to give much more depth to the character.(keep fingers crossed)

 

If you’re a hard core fan then I hope you give me your blessing when you read this. I tried to stay away from too much of repeating the original story line so I did make the assumption you have seen the American version a few times. So one of the themes I took from the series is cosmic fate and chance meetings. So I took it up a notch. I’m just going to go with the flow. I have sporadic chapters already written but I’m actually going to put some order to this story. Don’t know how that works stuff pops up in my head when it does. The first two chapters are before the completion of the SDF1. Heheh. (I feel like an dorky school girl waiting for her crush to come out of class.) So the first two creation are certainly more me. Chapter one is laying some groundwork. I did my best to keep it fun. Chapter two…if you like 1 then two be bettah!  Hey if you don’t agree with my interpretation, cool… I hope you write a fic yourself. I’ll read it as long as it’s not to perverted. The MORE the better. If you have an idea and you don’t want to write it send it over to me and I’ll see what I can do. Not getting paid remember.

 

I just enjoyed writing this. Thanks to that weird child in me that awoke (after 27 years of living) this past year to write this. Thanks to the Army for my short lived military experience. I would have been a horrible soldier protecting our country. Thanks to fanfics.c./dyrl you rock!!! Thanks for the Robotech/Macross fans for keeping Rick and Lisa’s romance alive. Enjoy. Please R&R.

 

This is written for entertainment purposes only. I do not own any characters from the Robotech/Macross series.

“I’ll have coffee decaf please with some cream and sugar,” Lisa instructed the server.

 

“Sure thing Ma’am.”

 

Lisa had picked up the local paper and browsing thru it, ‘I love Garfield. Silly cat always get’s into trouble…Man seeks Blonde hair blue eye. Can last all …yuck…Hunter Flying Circus! Coming to town in August…UN SPACY to announce further construction plans for the Super Dimensional Fotress…’

 

“Here we go,” She continued to read the article as the server brought her coffee.

 

She was interrupted by a male voice across the cafe. Her ears perked up recognizing the voice causing her stomach to feel uneasy and her head to throb.

 

Without haste she dropped several dollars and abruptly stormed out of the café.

 

As she exited, “Son-of-a-bitch bastard. Two-timing-slim-ball!” Putting on her sunglasses.

 

Lisa had been huffing and puffing down the block by the time she had reached her car rental. “How could I have been such a fool. I’m so sick of military men. Who the fuck does that man think he is…AHHHHHHHH!” She screamed at the top of her lungs as she headed back to her hotel.

 

Lisa had been given two weeks of military leave after having been honored, “For your display and valor we honor you with this medal.” She had been recognized for Courage Under Fire for saving her C.O. during an expedition she had been sent on in the Jungles of Brazil. It had been originally a field training exercise to test out some new tracking technology develop by Dr. Lang’s team; Come to find out there had been a government overthrow and guerillas were storming and burning villages.

 

It had been the first time she had seen so much ugliness staring her in the face. She had seen a guerilla fighter execute two men point blank; the thought still etched in her mind. There was this cold empty look in his eye. He had no compassion and no soul. But nothing compared to now. Being back in that forest seemed so much more appealing right now.

 

Her fist slammed on the steering wheel as she thought of him. I wish I had a machete right about now. I would cut his…”AHHHHH!” she screamed again.

 

What a waste of a vacation. Lisa had flown in to Seattle so she could surprise him and see a few of her other friends as well. Wait till Claudia hears about this; she’s going to have a canipshun.

 

To think, she actually thought…she thought she could grow to love him.

After she had been informed of the incident at Mars Sara Base her heart had nearly broke. She had closed her heart to love. She told herself she would never find love like that again. NEVER!

 

Then a few years later she met him on Tour in Hawaii. What a damn smooth talker.

 

“Brock Johnson, Lt. Brock Johnson. What kind of stupid name is that anyway. It’s like out of a dumb soap opera,” She had mused when he offered to buy her a drink.

 

“That’s right. My parents had a weird sense of humor. I’m full of drama babe. I’m from Michigan okay.” She laughed at his line. He slyly snuck a small kiss on the nape of her neck when she looked away.

 

He had been the first man since Karl that she had connected with. He had been very persistent and very patient with her. They had only spent a month together in Hawaii before her tour had ended and she was sent to a special tactical school out in Virginia. It was a glorious month. She felt like a teenager again. Granted she was only twenty but she felt like she was on cloud nine.

 

They had spent the year writing to each other like some kind of star cross lovers. Then she thought she would spend her two weeks off and surprise him for his birthday. Seattle was beautiful this time of year.

 

She arrived at his compound with some wine and wearing some slinky lingerie underneath; it was a blue lacy thing that she had picked out with Claudia’s insistence. She couldn’t believe that she had even bought it and now she was wearing it; and it was his favorite color. As the guard raised the gate to let her thru she arrived at barracks ready to surprise him.

 

“Block Delta One-Zero-Nine. Here we go,” She new he was there because she had made a call to her old friend Sally on base. She was in charge of assignments and knew when he would be there. She was about ready to knock on his door when she noticed it was slightly open and inside she could hear giggling.

 

‘A woman! giggling.’ She quietly then slowly pushed the door a few more inches wider; just enough to peer her head thru. She nearly wanted to rip his head off because she saw something her eyes couldn’t believe. There was a woman on Brock’s bed naked eyes closed laughing and moving her pelvis back and forth and there…there was Brock on top of her with his back away from the door muttering, “Yea baby you like riding on my Cock Pit!”

 

Instantly the woman’s eyes open and saw Lisa, “Brock baby there’s someone at the door.”

 

Brock turned and Lisa bolted toward her car. She sped off fast noticing in her rear view mirror Brock running out in a towel yelling out her name.

 

He tried calling her for two days. She wouldn’t return his call. She sat in darkness in her hotel room unable to eat or sleep. She new she was being stubborn eventually she would have to face him.

 

Then again her father always said she could be stubborn but particularly when she wanted something. THIS was not something she had wanted even for a military guerilla. Then again she wasn’t good at expressing her feelings when she was upset. Not like this. This was too much for her to handle.

 

The phone rang for the 100th time. She finally but reluctantly picked it up.

 

Gripping the phone hard she didn’t even give him time to get a word in, “You dumb bastard!”

 

“Babe listen, I was lonely. She doesn’t mean anything to me,” begged Brock.

 

“To hell she doesn’t. I talked to Sally. She’s some dumb lounge singer you met 3 months ago…I’m such a fucking fool! I shouldn’t have believed you last month that night I called you. It was that bimbo I heard laughing. You said it was your cousin visiting.”

 

“Lisa, honey…” She could hear that smooth talking voice that she had been attracted to when she first met him. Now she wanted to rip his tongue out.

 

“Brock just tell everyone I had been shot in the line of fire. It’s over. Good bye.” And slammed the phone down and tears poured down her eyes.

 

Then seeing him at the restaurant. Well Shit…she had enough of Seattle.

 

Dialing her cell phone, “Claudia sob it’s me Lisa…Can I come over…thanks. I’ll catch the first sob flight out there tonight.”

“…He said what!” Claudia shockingly amused.”

 

“Arrogant pig…Cock Pit my ass.” She handed her another tissue.

 

“Oh Claudia, I’m so bad with men. The only thing I’m going to end up marrying is my job…I feel so foolish. I was just honored a week ago for Courage Under Fire and now I feel like a coward that wants to crawl behind a rock and die. I was actually ready to say I love him…gross.” She shuddered.

 

“You know…you should call your father…” with a clever look in Claudia’s eye.

 

“Claudia. Stop that. You’re crazy you know that!”

 

“No honey. I just know what needs to be done sometimes…That’s why I’m go at what I do (she wink at her)…I’m sorry sweetie. Why don’t we just call it a day. I have fire watch tonight and won’t be back till late morning. Why don’t you unwind and tomorrow we can head out to the beach. San Diego has beautiful beaches.” She kissed Lisa’s forehead.

 

“Alright, good night,” Lisa grimaced.

 

‘Love sucks. I’m never falling for a pilot ever again,’ Lisa spoke to herself as she drifted off to sleep.

“…oofff…dammit Justin,” as Rick got up and brushed the sand off the his chest, face and his near shaven head. He felt his head. It had felt so naked. Stupid him to have made that bet with Justin. He knew Stephen Durkinstein, “More like Dorkinsten,” he muttered, couldn’t handle seeing a girls breast. The dork fainted; the wimp. When Justin showed him that porn magazine he had stolen from under his dads bed, the doofus hyperventilated and knocked out.

 

Justin only yards away yelled, “Hunter for being such an ace pilot you can’t seem to keep your balance buddy.”

 

“I’m going kick your ass. You better run,” as Rick darted after Justin.

 

“Rick. Justin. Come get your lunch,” Yelled Justin’s mom from the beach house.

 

“Coming Auntie Jane,” Rick replied as his stomach directed him to the lunch table.

 

‘I love Aunt Jane’s cooking,’ Rick smiled.

 

‘Even better when she cooks me a victory meal.’ Rick felt a sense of pride coming over him.

 

He had won his fourth year at the San Diego Amateur Pilots Contest. This year one of the newer judges had given him a hard time because he had looked like he was over age. That happened a lot. On a number of occasions people had mistaken him to be over twenty-one.

 

Not to mention he had a growth spurt at thirteen. Granted he wasn’t the tallest looking guy around but it was other things; like his confident demure, demure? was that word Roy used? and his charm that probably made people think he’s was older then he really was. Or maybe it’s his blue eyes that women just adore.

 

He’d been working out too. A girl had said he had a body like some pop singer Justin Timberlake. ‘Who?’ was his reply. His body was still on the slim side but proud that he had hardly any fat on him. He grinned to himself. He could remember last summer hearing his dad punish him for these features.

 

Flashback

 

“Dammit Roy this is all your doing. That blasted cocky military attitude has rubbed off on the boy,” blasted Pop Hunter.

 

“Pardon me. The military has nothing to do with my charm. I was born this way.” as he winked at Rick.

 

“Besides, I’m not the one who dared him to go in; that was his friend Daryl. I wasn’t the one who let Rick into the bar. It was the pretty little hostess that let him in.” He punched Rick’s arm jokingly.

 

“Did you forget to tell Rick they card you when you drink. Damn, Rick…” he yelled as Rick was sitting down trying to keep a smirk off his face.

 

“…you can’t fly your plane for 2 months. Is that understood?”

 

“Daaaaddd…” Rick protested.

 

“You just feel lucky that Officer Stone is a good friend of mine. Now go to your room.”

 

“Fine! You old fart. Screw you. See if I talk to you ever again!” as he stomped away.

 

Roy Hunter was about to follow him, “Leave him be. His hot head will cool down.” He let out a big sigh.

 

“Sometimes he needs to know he can’t break the rules Roy. Of all people you should understand this.”

 

“He’s a boy. He has a lot of spirit and adventure in him. He’s a good kid. Everyone likes him and his stays out of trouble; for the most part. He loves flying. Most kids his age are out there doing God knows what. Remember the time he was nine years old and he was found in the closet with his classmate Gina Harrison.” He chuckled to himself. “She tried kissing him and he nearly screamed the whole school down.

 

“Yes. I remember. He friends pulled that gag on him and had told him a girl needed his help and was crying in the closet.” Pop Hunter began to chuckle with him.

 

“Yeah! The kids got a heart of gold. A bit gullible sometimes but always itching to do what’s right.”

 

“And remember the time he brought home a wounded bird,” Roy continued.

 

“He wanted me to take care of it and I told him not to bother and it’s going to die anyway. He was pissed. Then off he ran two miles to Old Vet Pickerson’s to see what he could do.”

 

“Anyway he’s nothing like me. The only girlfriend he has is his plane,” Roy grinned.

 

“So, how long you staying Roy?” asked Pop.

 

With shadows in his eyes he stated, “Just a couple of days. They gave me special leave because…well they are sending me on a special mission to test out some new technology. They say it’s revolutionary and will help stop the war. One I’m not sure…I’ll retur…,”

 

Pop cut him off, “You’ll be fine Roy. You’re one of the best they’ve got. Besides. You said once this war is over you’d be coming back to fly with us.”

 

Roy looked down fumbling with a cup he had in his hand, “Sure Pop.”

 

“Get some rest. It’s good to have you home boy.”

 

“Thanks. Good to be here.”

 

Rick closed his door as Roy retreated to the back room.

 

End Flashback

 

“Roy I wonder what kind of crazy mission they have you on,” Rick wondered as he entered the house.

Lisa sat there feeling bewildered. She put her sunglasses on as if she were hiding from the world. What was she going to do for a whole week and a half? She didn’t want to feel like a burden to Claudia. She had practically knocked out when she got home. She couldn’t go back to the base so soon. That would be too embarrassing.

 

As she listened to waves going back and forth she sank her head down on her arms and knees. She just felt so numb. So ugly and unattractive.

 

‘God, I feel so ugly.’ At 5’6” and weighing only 130 lbs she thought she had fair looks but didn’t have the most exciting set of hair. It bobbed just at shoulder length. Most days she wore it in a ponytail not really wanting to deal with it. Okay it might have been a mistake to cut her bangs so short. They’ll grow back but she had a firm body, flat abs, in good shape, small bust size and most importantly stood with an air of dignity and intellect that people admired; being that she came from a long respected military bloodline. She had graduated top of her class for Christ’s sake.

 

Where were those brains she supposedly have. Maybe she just didn’t understand men. Her father had always been so protective of her. As a teen men were always oogling at her but her father always kept her at an arms distance making sure that everyone knew that he was her father.

 

It had been such a hassle always trying to break free from him. She never really had too many friends because her father had always intimidated them. There were times she thought that she lived in his office and resentfully began calling his secretary her nanny. But that soon became a blessing when she had met Karl.

 

She laid out a sigh, ‘My heart; my true love. Why did you have to leave me?’

Rick walked out on the patio patting his belly, “Mmmm…that was so good. I think I just gained 10 lbs.”

 

Justin came out, “Hey Ace I’m sleepy. Gonna go nap. I’ll meet you later over at Joe’s Diner. Jenny wants us to meet her there at 7ish.”

 

“Yea, yea, yea,” Rick grumbled. Every time they were together he always felt like the 3rd wheel. They were always giggling and sucking each other’s faces.

 

“He can be such a dork sometimes,” Rick surmised.

 

“Why can’t I get a girl?” he sighed.

 

Sure girls flirted with him and occasionally he flirted back. But the girls his age were so lame sometimes. All they did was giggle and go to the bathroom a lot. You never knew what to think because you would say hi to them down the hallway and then they would whisper to their friends right in front of you.

 

He remembered Jenny Woodard. God she was beautiful. She was one of the senior head cheerleaders. She had been eyeing him standing there at the bleachers. Being the ignorant soul that he was she convinced him to meet her the next day under the bleachers at Hyde Park. Who wouldn’t have had accepted her invitation. He had only been a freshman. He gotten there hoping they could actually talk and get to know each other. He wanted to show her his plane. She had given him her first kiss. Sure it wasn’t the most exciting of kiss because he initiated the kiss and missed hitting her nose but she did give him a peck on the lips.

 

Then without realizing it she had put his pants down and had thrown it to the side. She had blind folded him and made him strip down to his boxers. Then Scott Hampton and Jeff Pickling jumped out and took pictures of him laughing hysterically stealing his clothes.

 

How awful. How stupid he was to think she wanted him. It was a stupid senior prank. He had to walk all the way home in his care bears boxers.

 

“Moron!” he smacked his forehead.

 

“She was a bossy immature hag anyway Rick,” Roy had told him over the phone.

 

“You want a real woman. One who doesn’t boss you around. One who has a brain and listens to you. Your beyond high school women.”

 

“Yeah!” He agreed. Roy always did have a way of making him feel better. He certainly knew how to handle women.

 

“Screw you Jenny Woodard.” He muffled under his breath as he headed out toward the water.

“Thump.” Lisa was startled. For a moment she forgot she was at the beach. She had zoned out even the sound of the water. A soccer ball had landed right next to her.

 

About several yards away a young handsome man called out, “Hey babe sorry about that,” as he ran towards her. She stood up and handed it to him.

 

“Here you go and don’t call me babe!” she said annoyed thinking of how Brock always called her babe whenever he needed something.

 

“Hey, What’s a cute girl like you sitting by your lonesome herself?” he smiled and winked at her.

 

Lisa began to feel slimy all over as she saw his eyes rove over her breasts. Thru her sunglasses her gaze was burning a hole thru his head. ‘Pig. Go away,’ as she felt her lips twitch.

 

His friend came over. “Hey, Billy who’s your friend.”

 

“I don’t know. I didn’t get to ask yet. Hey babe. What’s your name?” Billy gave a quirky smile as he said ‘babe’ again.

 

Seething thru her teeth she replied, “My Nammme is Get Lost!”

 

Coming out from under the wave. Rick dropped his boogie board onto the sand and sat down. Looking around he noticed that there weren’t too many people out there today, which was good for him. He didn’t like big crowds anyway. Maybe he would go explore the coves before he went to go hang out with Justin and his girlfriend. Yuck!

 

About 40 yards away he saw a young woman talking to two guys. ‘Wow. Now there’s a good looking woman. Two guys? She must be a flirt.’

 

“Hey that’s not nice. I was just asking your name babe,” and then he grabbed her wrist.

 

“I don’t think you want to be doing that,” she commanded.

 

“Oh come on chill out.” He tugged at her very lightly. “Why don’t you come over and have a little fun with us.”

 

She quickly reversed the hold and stepping forward pulled him inward kneed him in then groin and then elbowed him in the throat causing him to fall on his knees gagging for air.

 

His friend made a flying leap at her tackling her to the ground.

 

“OH Dang!” Rick seeing this ran and sprinted in her direction.

He was on top of her with her wrists pinned to the ground as he straddle her. “Hey bitch. That wasn’t nice of you.”

 

“Fuck you,” she said steadily at him.

 

He was about ready to smack her when she heard a ‘thwap,’ from behind him. Seeing a board break in half.

 

She saw a young man looking at her with blue eyes putting his hand out to help her up.

 

As she did, she saw Billy still gasping for air and she walked toward him kneed him in the face and kicked sand in his eyes. His friend was on the ground in a fetal position holding the back of his head.

 

She quickly found her glasses put them on and grabbed her bag and began to run in the direction of the young man.

 

By the time she stopped she was gasping for air. He had prompted her to climb down some rocks and enter inside a very small cave. After about a few minutes of catching her breath she could hear Billy and his buddy running past the cove.

 

“Where’d that BITCH go!” Was all she could hear.

 

She silently stood there leaning against cool rock and water rising to her waste. She could hear her heart thumping in her ears.

 

“Are you okay Miss?” a male voice came out from the left of her deep inside the cove.

 

Nearly startled she looked around realizing it was dark because she had her sunglasses on.

 

“Don’t worry they are not going to find you here? If you’re not from around here you won’t know about this little cave. Most people tend to climb the top of the cove first before they ever climb down.”

 

“Yea, sure.” She stayed still a little stunned by what happen.

 

“What’s your name?” he asked.

 

She ignored his question.

 

“People call me...uh Ace!” Trying to impress her. It wasn't a total lie. On occassion Justin would call him that.

 

She was still looking outside for Billy, “Oh nice to meet you Ace.” She said nonchalantly.

 

Unhappy with the response he continued the conversation, “So what brings you to San Diego? And why’d those guys try to hurt you?”

 

Then it hit her. This guy had just save her from those dumb thugs. She turned toward him not wanting to take off her glasses said, “Oh by the way thanks for helping me out. Do you always go around saving damsels in distress.”

 

“…um….not women usually.”

 

She paused and said, “Elizabeth. I’m Elizabeth.” Well it wasn’t exactly a lie. That was her full name; besides I’m never going to see him again anyway.

 

After about twenty minutes she started walking out of the cave and walked up a few more steps to the outstretched rock that was like a walkway facing the ocean. She sat down and Rick followed her. As she sunk down leaning against the side of the cove she thought a loud, “Damn I wished I had a smoke right now.”

 

“You need a cigarette?” Rick asked.

 

“Uh…no I don’t smoke,” she replied.

 

“But you just said…,”

 

“Ace thanks for helping me out again,” she cut him off and extended her hand out to him.

 

His shoulders perked up and a small grin appeared on his face, thinking he could get used to being called Ace.

 

“Sure no problem.” Looking down at her leg he notice it was bleeding.

 

“Hey you are bleeding on your leg.”

 

“Dammit. Shit, shit shit! Just great. Another thing I have to worry about.” And she looked up trying to fight back tears. The stress of everything getting to her caused a few tears to escape her.

 

‘Dang this lady has a mouth on her. She sounds like Roy. But why the heck was she crying?’

 

“Hey don’t cry,” He hated to see a woman cry especially a pretty one like her; even though he couldn’t see her eyes.

 

“Hey look,” as he flipped his lips inside out and started jumping around making monkey noises.

 

She was stunned for a moment watching this stranger; How weird to have met him in this circumstance and he is going out of his way to entertain her. She began to softly chuckle. “Okay I’ll stop only if you get rid of that ugly face your making. I think that will make me cry more.”

 

“Hey! I’ll let you know that I won first place in the Olington Towns Ugliest Face Contest with this face,” his smile big and wide knowing he made her laugh.

 

“Really. Are you telling me the truth?” she asked in disbelief.

 

“Well…No. but my dad says if I did enter into a contest I might just win.”

 

“Come on Ace let me buy you a drink.”

 

Rick protested realizing she thought him to be older, “ummm…no…that’s okay.”

 

“Okay,” shrugging her shoulders began walking up the rock.

 

“But how about a milkshake,” he quickly said.

 

“Sure. My treat. Hey do you think you could get me a band aide?”

 

Excited, “Sure wait here and I’ll run to the beach house and get alcohol for that.”

 

‘Oh he has a beach house. Maybe I’ll just be a gold digger and marry rich.’ She laughed at her self but winced when she touched her leg.

“There. All fixed up. It wasn’t a very big cut after all.” Rick said.

 

“So where we going to get this milkshake? Lisa asked.

 

“Oh it’s about a couple of miles down Main street. I’ll walk…(Rick caught himself) I’ll show you the way and I’ll just meet you up over there.” He didn’t want her to know he didn’t have a car. ‘Yeah Hunter no wonder the ladies love you,’ he told himself sarcastically.

 

Certainly a gentleman Lisa thought, “Oh I have my rental. We can drive together.”

 

Sitting at the booth sipping on chocolate milkshakes Lisa felt more relaxed stated, “Ummm this is so good, especially on a warm day like this.”

 

Boldly Rick asked again, “So who were those guys? Was one of them your boyfriend.”

 

“Oh just a bunch of nobodies looking for trouble. I was just sitting at the beach by myself.”

 

‘Cool. No boyfriend. At least not those guys.’

 

“Oh I get it you were at the beach cuz you were fighting with your boyfriend?”

 

Lisa gagged as she sipped her milkshake.

 

“Well sort of. We just kind of broke apart,” she blandly said. ‘I wish I could break his legs instead.’

 

“Oh sorry to hear that. Yea men can be jerks! Here ya go…(he turned his head away eyes closed) slap my head. For all men out there in the world. I greatly apologize.”

 

“Oh your silly,” she was bit taken aback but appreciated the gesture and gently slap then down.

 

“So how about you? What’s your story?” Lisa asked.

 

“I’m a pilot. I’m just won a competition and I’m staying here for the summer.” He noticed that her faced had twitched when he had mention the word ‘pilot.’

 

“I’m thinking you’re not a big fan of pilots,” he concluded.

 

“My ex was a fighter pilot.”

 

“Oh. Well I love to fly. I’ve been doing it since I was like 11 years olds. It’s my passion and I love to compete. None of that fighting stuff…you know… I do it so I can get chicks and stuff,” he eyes gleamed as he looked at her.

 

She chuckled, “I bet you’re a real ladies man. So how about you? Any love interest?” Wanting to draw attention away from the topic.

 

He made a sour face. “Actually, I don’t have much luck with women.”

 

“Oh we all have those days. I find that hard to believe a cute guy like you has trouble with women,” she squarely stated.

 

‘Geez pretty and sweet,’ Rick thought. She seems really easy to talk to. “Thanks,” he said and that’s when he began to tell the story of Jenny Woodard and for the next two hours they talked; mostly about him. He was excited. She didn’t seem to mind him talking about his planes and the stunts he would do. She seemed really interested in what he had to say.

 

Her phone rang, “Hey Claud. Great your up…Okay see you for dinner.”

 

“Listen Ace. It was nice getting to know you. I have to meet up with my girlfriend.”

 

A bit sad the conversation was over, “Hey would you like to see my plane tomorrow? It’s over at the Blue Wing Hang…”

 

“Well actually I’m going to be spending the rest of the time with her sightseeing. Maybe another time.”

 

Disappointed, “Well okay.”

 

As she got up. “Do you need a ride home?”

 

“Uh no,” he glumly said noticing Justin walk thru the door. “My cousin just walked in.”

 

“If you happen to be at the beach look me up okay.”

 

“Thanks again Ace. Your species is far and few between,” and gave him a soft squeeze on the shoulder. Right then Justin walked in with his girlfriend.

 

Rick slowly waved with a dismayed look on his face saying a barely audible, “Bye.” Then she walked out of the diner.

 

“Jesus Rick. You snagged an older woman. Way to go man.”

 

“Shut-up Justin.” As he walked out of the diner.

 

“What! Whad I say!” looking at his girlfriend.

Lisa shoulders sagged back into the seat as she drove away. It was nice to have forgotten Brock just for a few hours.

 

She let out a small exhale, “No more pilots for me as she sped on back to Claudia’s”

 

Chapter 2: Hopeless - Poor Mrs. Robinson

 

Author’s notes:

 

Song lyrics – Sitting on the Dock of the Bay by Otis Redding

 

There is a Cove out in Laguna Beach called Diver’s Cove I used to go to. There’s no cave like mention but it was wonderful to sit atop it watching the sunrise and sunset.

 

Brock Johnson was a professional doctor ( I won’t say what field) who was actually from Michigan and was named after a soap. He was a very cute dork by the way.

 

There are military bases in Seattle, Virginia and San Diego. I trained in Seattle. I love Seattle.

 

Olington Town is fictional

 

That karate move Lisa did is what I learned in karate school. Yummy!

 

State = Continuará/To Be Continue

feedback = Sí/Yes

email = maat1018AThotmail.com